because I really need help, or advice, or maybe direction.

1: My phone is 1.1.2 OTB.
    2: I jailbroke it using a .1 downgrade, thru iTunes. Then jailbreakme.com
    3: Worked fine for a few months, then problems came. (couldnt download certain apps, couldnt get the phone to wake, by pressing the home button, etc)
    4: Decided to restore the phone with .4, then jailbreak again with ZiPhone.
    5: Worked ok, but .4 has bugs. So I restored to .3, again...jailbroke with ZiPhone.
    6: .3 has bugs as well, plus I continued to have a problem waking the phone. Decided to just downgrade back to .1.
    7: Tried to put the phone in restore mode, screen began to flash white&black horizontal lines, then finally went to restore mode.
    8: Plug the phone in (Im on Mac) iTunes recognizes it, click to restore, and I get this "The iPhone could not be restored. Unknown error (2001).
    9: Then iTunes began to re-recognize the phone over and over. "iTunes had detected a phone is restore mode...". Normally, it does this, then an iPhone icon pops up on the right side of iTunes letting me know I'm connected. Because it re-recognizes the phone over and over, I had 5 iPhone icons.
    10: I shouldnt have, but I disconnected my iPhone from iTunes without ejecting it. Now, it's stuck in recovery mode.

iTunes recognizes the phone, but everytime I try to restore, I get the unknown error (2001) message. My phone has been down for 2 days now, and I have no idea what to do. Mac store is an option, but it's not close, and Im assuming they'll give me a hard time because my phone is unlocked.
    2008-04-03 08:42 PM
    try using pwnage tool

or you can try to use ziphone to reboot the phone.

If you are trying to restore the phone in itunes, do the following:
    1. make sure phone is connected and itunes is running.
    2. enter DFU mode (you know how if you have downgraded before)
    3. restore
    2008-04-03 09:42 PM
    I've tried to restore it thru itunes, it just give me the error I mentioned above.

As far as the using the Pwnage tool (I'm a newbie), or ZiPhone to reboot...whats the process? I've used ZiPhone of course, but not to reboot.

Walk me thru it, please.
    2008-04-04 05:37 AM
    Connect your phone to itunes and let it recognize it,then eject and close itunes.
    Launch ziphone and click the advanced features tab on the lower right side and click DFU mode. Let it do it's thing then if you're successful launch itunes & try the restore again. Let me know what happens
    2008-04-04 05:59 AM
    Connect your phone to itunes and let it recognize it,then eject and close itunes.
    Launch ziphone and click the advanced features tab on the lower right side and click DFU mode. Let it do it's thing then if you're successful launch itunes & try the restore again. Let me know what happens

Im on it

Okay, I launched iTunes and plugged the phone in. It recognizes it..."iTunes recognizes a phone in recovery mode, etc"...then I hit eject, then I closed iTunes.

2 issues

1: I have ZiPhone 3.0, and the advanced options are as follows.
    Jailbreak
    Activate
    Unlock
    Change IMEI
    "Fix WiFi issues" button
    Erase BL 3.9 (Refurbish)
    Downgrade 4.6 BL to 3.9

So there's no option for DFU mode.

2: I close iTunes, and it opens back up. I close it again, and it reopens. I minimize it, and it keeps popping up. Like it's re-connecting to the phone. 'iTunes recognizes an iPhone in recovery mode" it just keeps saying it over and over again. Like, maybe the phone is sending something to iTunes. Even after I've closed it, it opens again. What might this be, a virus?
    Last edited by iSpeed; 2008-04-04 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-04 06:32 AM
    Ok there is a DFU option because I have the same ver of ziphone,its on the right side, under a tab 'change phone mode'. Dnt think it's a virus, if that happens disconnect cable and then close off itunes. Try again.
    2008-04-04 06:52 AM
    Hmm, maybe because you have XP, yours is different.

Mine has 2 primary buttons when it opens: 'One-Click Actions' and 'Advanced'.

The odd thing is, that neither One-Click or Advanced has anything that says DFU mode, or "Change phone mode".

You positive you have ZiPhone 3.0?
    2008-04-04 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD