1. anthony.nguyen882's Avatar
    hey you guys.
    I need your help to decide something.
    Should I buy a 16gb iPhone now or should I wait till the 2.0 comes out. If it does what functions will it have newer.
    2008-04-06 09:11 PM
  2. neezy's Avatar
    Buy it now, You will be able to upgrade to 2.0 when the Beta comes out. 2.0 is just the software on the phone.
    2008-04-06 09:19 PM
  3. cscho0415's Avatar
    dont buy it now 60 days till new iphone comes out
    always hit the thanks button

    no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-06 09:20 PM
  4. neezy's Avatar
    New iPhone? From my understanding, the only thing new about it is the software. If its a completely different design, I'm gonna be extremely pissed. As a matter of fact, I'm calling APPLE.

    Just got off the phone with Apple, there is no new "phone" all its the new 2.0 BETA software. Everyone will be able to upgrade to it, so go ahead and get the phone. :-)
    Last edited by neezy; 2008-04-06 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-06 09:31 PM
  5. anthony.nguyen882's Avatar
    so they are coming it with a whole new iPhone or is of just the software?
    2008-04-06 09:32 PM
  6. cscho0415's Avatar
    http://www.iClarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=902 take a look then u tell me

    since u cant have 3g without new hardware (an actual chip that needs to be added) then idk... maybe it can be firmware u tell me
    Last edited by cscho0415; 2008-04-06 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

    no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-06 09:37 PM
  7. anthony.nguyen882's Avatar
    what else is going to be new??
    2008-04-06 09:52 PM
  8. neezy's Avatar
    Apple themselves told me its nothing other than firmware.
    2008-04-06 10:08 PM
  9. cscho0415's Avatar
    i dont know that is where my source for this info is... id wait the 60 days that was released yesterday evening
    always hit the thanks button

    no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-06 10:12 PM
  10. desepticon's Avatar
    Apple themselves told me its nothing other than firmware.
    what theyre saying is you should wait till they come out with a new hardware model. but this isn't probably gonna be for a while. ie 6-8 months or more. but i don't think a firmware upgrade can offer 3g functionality unless the chip for it is already on the phone and apple just didnt tell us about it to be dicks. but yeah, the 2.0(aka 1.2) firmware wont be out till the summer at least. which is probably what the sixty days is referring to
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-06 10:13 PM
  11. anthony.nguyen882's Avatar
    So should I just buy one now?
    2008-04-06 10:18 PM
  12. cscho0415's Avatar
    they wont release the info that they are consiously yet... i wouldnt wait cause im stupid... but u really should wait until the middle of the summer to see if a new one comes out
    always hit the thanks button

    no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-06 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD