User Tag List

well as it says, i just got my iphone 2 days ago from my friend. basically i unlocked/jailbreaked it yesterday so i can be able to use it with out signing a new 2 year contract. (it ends in 2 months and i am gonna change to tmobile) i think its dumb to agree for a 2 year contract because i want to uugrade my data plan. if i insert my sim card into my phone will it charge me "pay per use" even if all i use it for is text and calls?

thanks for your answers in advance!

anyone ?
    Last edited by elduu; 2008-04-07 at 11:30 PM.
    2008-04-07 05:45 PM
    waht do you mean pay per use? do you have a prepaid sim or something? don't really understand your question but either way, you can use your tmobile to call and text in an unlocked iphone
    2008-04-08 01:42 AM
    why not keep ur phone on a low att plan and take ur iphone ot tmobile?
    2008-04-08 02:01 AM
    if i insert my sim card into my phone will it charge me "pay per use" even if all i use it for is text and calls?
    dont worry it will be fine

(he meant pay as you go)
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-04-08 02:25 AM
    If you do a lot of surfing with Edge, AT&T can detect that you are using an iPhone and switch your plan without your consent. Just a warning.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2008-04-08 03:43 AM
    If you do a lot of surfing with Edge, AT&T can detect that you are using an iPhone and switch your plan without your consent. Just a warning.
    Which I think is totally unfair and unprecedented.
    2008-04-08 08:34 PM
    a service provider can see what phone you're using, whether you surf the web a lot, a little or none at all as your phone's IMEI will be registered with the network. however, they may not catch this unless you call or if there's "suspicious" activity in your account, which in this case, if you surf A LOT, they may investigate.

you can always download bossprefs and turn off your edge to make sure that your phone doesn't connect via edge, if you want to be on the safe side and not get charged
    2008-04-08 08:41 PM
    Not if you're using T-Mobile, lol. If you use T-Mobile pay-as-you-go then you'll be fine. I've only heard bad about T-Mobile though, and they charge like 30 cents a minute pre-paid so...yeah to each their own I guess.
    2008-04-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD