Honestly I don't think the second generation iPhone will be worth it. More than likely Apple will have their current line and simply add an 8gb and eventually a 16gb 3G versions. 3G iPhones will not really be worth it to the lot of the iPhone users because alot of people have them on only voice network. I personally find the wifi more then sufficient for my needs. Even people that do have the data plan use it mostly for email, maps and every so often youtube, hense don't really need to take advantage of the 3G network; which isn't that much faster. Plus majority of North America isn't 3G accessible.

Another thing is that the next generation of wireless data networks are already in works. If anything, that version would warrent an upgrade because by that point North American Wireless Data Network will be more developed.

My thoughts are that if you want to buy an iPhone, just do it.

I'm hoping this post will prevent future iPhone purchasers from waiting to purchase one.

What do you guys think? If you liked the post hit the Thanks button!
    2008-04-09 04:38 AM
    well I just sold my 6 months old 8 gb iphone for the same price i pay.
    why now>
    because once the new iphone comes out the price of the 1st generation will go down a lot.
    Im willing to wait 2 months and get the new one.
    2008-04-09 05:04 AM
    The new iphones wil still use the same software so the only thing you might benefit from is more capacity and 3G. You will most likely sacrifice on battery life though. I second your comment about wi-fi being adequate most of the time. I won't be upgrading... i'm happy with my 8GB iphone for a phone... 8GB nano in my truck... 2GB shuffle for the gym... LOL!
    2008-04-09 05:06 AM
    Most likely no big updates, but who knows....Apple likes to throw out surprises at the last minute.

If not, I to am happy with my 8gb Iphone and 160gb Ipod.

If they do....the wife can have my 8gb
    2008-04-09 05:36 AM
    Does anybody know of an application for windows that looks like the iphone(interface)
    2008-04-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD