This could be an issue from before but I have now noticed that the WiFi appears to be connected with full strength but no application will connect with Wifi but when its turned off it works fine through the edge network.

question 2:

If is a problem and I take it in for warranty will Apple be able to tell I have had my phone jailbroken?
    2008-04-10 12:28 AM
    this probably a problem with your router setup. I had this same issue today after I moved and had to re-setup my network. For me the issue was that I had my modem plugged into the ethernet port on my Airport Basestation rather than the WAN port. Make sure its plugged into the WAN port.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-10 12:34 AM
    everything else in the house works fine, does that matter? Biggest concern is does apple care that my phone has been jailbroken and restored?
    2008-04-10 12:41 AM
    if you restored your jail-broken phone they can't tell. and yes, the probably do care. but if you restore they wont know the difference. (if your phone was unlocked thats a different matter, you will have to refurbish the locks before you take it in to wipe all traces).

also: you may want to try resetting your network settings in Settings/General/Reset
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD