i have dialup
    and EDGE is faster than dialup
    i want EDGE on my pc

on macs and pcs you can share out your internet connection through different ports.

is it possible to share out the edge connection through the wifi or usb?

could this be done or does someone have ideas for a ghetto fix
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart
    2007-10-19 04:47 AM
    I'm in interested in this topic as well....

I've always been able to do this via Bluetooth with OTHER phones. But unfortunately the iPhone cannot be used (or isn't enabled) as a Bluetooth modem as well?!

Would be interesting to see if there's a 3rd party app to make it a mini-wifi-router!
    2007-10-19 06:54 AM
    This would come in great use!

I've always wanted this too.

iRouter!
    2007-10-19 06:56 AM
    Bump, i want to bring this post back to life, it is time that someone take a look into this as the 3G phone is here now, it would be great to have, i do NOT want to buy an alternate piece of equipment to power my laptop why most PDA's have internet sharing through USB, this should have been a standard feature, just sounds like ATT getting the upper hand in this one... "no no no, they need the iphone! and if they want internet on they're computer we will sell them an air card, Muuuhahahahaha!"

Basically it is time for this to be cracked open, as of right now i am currently working on getting OSX on my PC (in the process right now moving all my windows data off my IDE drive to new SATA drive and formating) so once that happens ill crack open my SDK user account that has just been sitting active (dont know why apple agreed to my having it in the first place i just signed up because wth right and they approved me, Morons, i even clicked i had a vista/xp machine haha)
    Last edited by the sr5; 2008-07-12 at 08:25 PM.

It Is What It Is...
    2008-07-12 08:23 PM
    2008-07-12 08:48 PM
    Hate do be rude but do your research next time, that is a way out dated link, and the information he is posting pertains mainly to a Mac, i am currently a windows User.

It Is What It Is...
    2008-07-13 08:48 AM
    Ahh, sucks to be you then, get a mac.
    2008-07-14 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD