User Tag List

Hi,
    I'm just wondering whether there is a maximum in the number of apps that I can install onto my iphone? i currently have 44 icons on my iphone and whenever i install the 45th, the installer acts funny... (the program doesn't install)
    Is that normal? and r there anything that i can do so that I can install more apps?
    thanx for helping!! i'm quite new to this iphone scene
    2008-04-11 09:24 PM
    Yes of course there is a max amount of apps installed because eventually you will run out of disk space and you won't be allowed and it will be very slow
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-11 09:30 PM
    but i still have 6.7 GB available on my iphone...
    2008-04-11 09:33 PM
    Oh then you can have more than enough apps to please yourself! LOL
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-11 09:39 PM
    There isnt a max. There is a 300 mb partition for apps fonts and ringtones but if you use bosstools you can move them to the regular media partition. This will allow you to install apps as long as you have space left. Just move fonts and ringtones first. Then move yourapps. If there isnt enough room to install it thm unistall some stuff first. Then do this and reinstall the stuff you took off.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch
    2008-04-11 10:34 PM
    thanx heaps for ur help kcisjojo
    for those who have problems with bosstools, u might need to free up some space b4 it can run, i actually had to uninstall about 10 apps b4 it would start moving apps to another petition
    gotta install my apps again, hopefully everything works now
    2008-04-13 11:14 AM
    Hi,

I'm really confused about whether or not the iphone has a restriction on the number of apps it can have. I have an iphone 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 then jailbroken and unlocked by ziphone with BB downgrade to 3.9. I used bosstool and moved my fonts and my ringtones and i installed apps. But after i get to about 50 apps, maybe on the 50th one, the iphone crashes. for example, after i install the 50th app, and i close installer to have my springboard respring, the iphone has that loading wheel thing. It usually stops spinning and goes to the slide to unlock screen, but instead the wheel keeps on spinning, and i have to reformat the whole iphone. Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

David
    2008-04-13 11:08 PM
    How much space do you have left in the iphone???
    2008-04-14 12:41 AM
    I typically have around 45-65mb (in the apps partition with bosstool) of space left when it crashes. Somewhere around there, i cant be sure because i have never checked it right before a crash, and i cant do anything to check it after it crashes
    2008-04-14 03:31 AM
    did u move ur apps with bosstools as well?
    2008-04-14 05:55 AM
    Thats Weird... What app is it that you install or maybe it starts to overload cuz 45 MB is to litttle
    2008-04-15 09:16 PM
    Hi,

I'm really confused about whether or not the iphone has a restriction on the number of apps it can have. I have an iphone 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 then jailbroken and unlocked by ziphone with BB downgrade to 3.9. I used bosstool and moved my fonts and my ringtones and i installed apps. But after i get to about 50 apps, maybe on the 50th one, the iphone crashes. for example, after i install the 50th app, and i close installer to have my springboard respring, the iphone has that loading wheel thing. It usually stops spinning and goes to the slide to unlock screen, but instead the wheel keeps on spinning, and i have to reformat the whole iphone. Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

David
    Id be willing to bet that you filled up your applications partition. That typically causes the spinning wheel when installing apps.

The only restriction is that you have space left on your iphone. If your iphone is full then your out of luck.

How much space is left in your media partition?

Also, I believe bosstools only moves the apps that are currently installed on your phone. If you keep putting more on there then you will have to move them over to the media partition as well. Otherwise they will be on the applications partition. Then when you fill it up and get the spinning wheel you will have to ssh into your phone and manually remove it then reboot your phone and it should come back to life.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch
    2008-04-20 05:55 PM
    Id be willing to bet that you filled up your applications partition. That typically causes the spinning wheel when installing apps.

The only restriction is that you have space left on your iphone. If your iphone is full then your out of luck.

How much space is left in your media partition?

Also, I believe bosstools only moves the apps that are currently installed on your phone. If you keep putting more on there then you will have to move them over to the media partition as well. Otherwise they will be on the applications partition. Then when you fill it up and get the spinning wheel you will have to ssh into your phone and manually remove it then reboot your phone and it should come back to life.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, but I do not understand how to use SSH. Is there a tutorial available somewhere on the web? I have the program on my computer, but i dont know how to use it, and have uninstalled it.

David
    2008-04-21 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD