View Poll Results: Have you removed the screen protector?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Took it off on day 1

100 51.02%
  • Left it on until it got ugly

39 19.90%
  • I used it and even bought replacements

33 16.84%
  • What screen protector?

24 12.24%
    i am intending to protect my love things, above all the skin case is very beautiful!

-----------------------
    beautiful iphone skin case
    2007-11-09 04:50 AM
    I hate protection. Raw dog baby.

Reako
    2007-11-09 05:38 AM
    I hate protection. Raw dog baby.
    Raw dog, indeed. There's a reason why Apple gloated about the screen's durability....because it's amazingly durable. I've been carrying my iPhone in the same pocket as my keys since early July with NO adverse effects.

...then again, none of my furniture has plastic covering, either. So I guess to each his own.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2007-11-09 at 07:21 AM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2007-11-09 07:08 AM
    i'm not concerned with the metal sides that might get scratched.. even with the protectors. I'm never a fan of protectors, but i can bear seeing any scratches on the display-
    2007-11-09 07:14 AM
    i'm not concerned with the metal sides that might get scratched.. even with the protectors. I'm never a fan of protectors, but i can bear seeing any scratches on the display-
    In the interest of full disclosure, the metal ring around my screen shows definite wear. But the glass stays flawless! And, ironically, PC World was the first group to demonstrate the glass's durability...in an amazingly rigorous test.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2007-11-09 07:36 AM
    The only part of my phone I care about is the front glass. I am overly anal about any noticeable scratches appearing on the glass, the rest though. Ehhhh. Not too concerned...

Reako
    2007-11-12 09:53 AM
    i kept the first thing on until i could get some real screen protectors. its nice to be able to use the button and i didnt really like the earpiece being covered. put protectors on as soon as you take the other piece off because any dust really does mess it up.
    2007-11-12 09:52 PM
    day one
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-03 08:16 AM
    I bought the BSE front cover only for my precious. However, I still have not put it on the iPhone.
    2007-12-03 08:46 PM
    i took off the plastic that came on it instantly, i put the glare resistant film set, and love it no air bubbles or anything got it on perfect frist time for all my 4 iphones that i have had. i didnt like how my finger got stuck sometimes when sliding and this made it more smooth. also heard not postive but it is suppose to be better for the touch functions and will make it last longer.
    Last edited by Affliction; 2007-12-03 at 08:57 PM.
    2007-12-03 08:54 PM
    i took mine of the first day and replaced it with the anti glare film that the apple store sells
    2007-12-03 10:48 PM
    there was a hair under mine and i got mad and took it off
    2007-12-03 10:57 PM
    dropped my iphone on the floor and the screen protector actually protected my screen and not a scratch was found after i dropped it =)
    2007-12-04 06:37 AM
    I removed the factory protector immediately, and put my iPhone in a Marware Sport Grip Backwinder, which came with a cheap-o screen protector. It has bubbles near the ear piece that have not resolved themselves... But then again, that is covered by silicone
    2007-12-04 11:50 AM
    check out decalgirl.com, those are amazing. Comes with matching wall paper and looks hella tite.
    2007-12-05 10:30 PM
    The reason i like body guardz is that it makes the back look glossy and kinda gives it a different look from every other iphone.
    2007-12-08 04:57 AM
    The screen is glass. Won't scratch unless you are doing something stupid like shoveling rocks with your phone. Enough said
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-26 06:41 AM
    i refuse to ever leave those things on my phones. i think its tacky as hell. just go buy a real screen protector.
    2008-04-02 01:43 AM
    What protector? I don't need no stinkn' protector!
    2008-04-02 08:16 AM
    Definetly lose the factory one no matter what route you choose to go. It's very low quality and dulls the brightness of the screen and ruins the resolution. I orders some generic screen protectors, like $3.00 for a pack of two from dealextreme. I only left the factory one on till they showed up so that I wouldnt have to worry about cleaning the screen before I installed the new protectors. Just peel of the factory one and stick on the new one. Looks much better afterwards, clearer and brighter picture without having to have your brightness set as high. which works out to extended battery life.
    2008-04-02 03:07 PM
48 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD