Hi All

I have always been using PPC, so I am totally newbie to iPhone. The iphone user interface is really amazing. Anyhow; my ex's iPhone got bricked by her cousin. So I decided to take the challenge instead of paying over $150 to unbrick and update. Unfortunately, I stuck at the first step already...to connect the iphone via USB cable (not wifi, since that feature was disable by the bricking) with WinSCP. I could not get the IP address from the iPhone because I can't get it to connected via Wifi. I have tried random IP address online with login: root and password: dottie or alpine but unsucessful. I either got message like connection timed out or host not exist. I hope to get some help from you guys/gals to get me started the unbricking process. greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by bzb416; 2008-04-12 at 05:35 PM.
    2008-04-12 05:27 PM
    try iphonebrowser

http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-04-12 06:05 PM
    Thanks for help.

I tried iphonebrowser, but it doesn't have the FTP feature for transfering data. Further assistance would be great. Thanks
    2008-04-12 06:34 PM
    Restore.
    2008-04-13 03:22 PM
    Restore.
    Pls eleborate on that if you don't mind. If I use iTune to restore, would it also update my phone to version 1.1.4. Would I still able to unbrick it? Since most of the unbricking procedures were based on version 1.1.1. Thanks

K
    Last edited by bzb416; 2008-04-13 at 03:53 PM.
    2008-04-13 03:48 PM
    Yeah... use ZiPhone 3.0. Or you can downgrade after.
    2008-04-13 03:55 PM
    Yeah... use ZiPhone 3.0. Or you can downgrade after.
    thanks so much for your helps. I am running ZiPhone now, but there are many great features in there that I really don't know where to start. Would you mind give me a few hint to start the unbricking process? thanks in advance.

Should I restore it to the original firmware 1.0.2 or 1.14 then unbricking it?
    2008-04-13 04:41 PM
    I don't think it matters which firmware you go with.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.
    2008-04-13 07:29 PM
    follow these steps

1. restore/upgrade to 1.1.4
    2. then run ziphone
    3. press do it all
    4. wait
    5. good to go
    2008-04-13 07:47 PM
    Then go to Installer and upgrade your baseband. Please do that, or else you'll be screwed if you ever try to go into Apple if something happens to the phone.
    2008-04-13 08:31 PM
    Then go to Installer and upgrade your baseband. Please do that, or else you'll be screwed if you ever try to go into Apple if something happens to the phone.
    no need for that.. if he ever needs to go to apple he just have to virginize with ziphone again..
    2008-04-13 08:47 PM
    Hi guys,

I downgraded it to 1.0.2 with "Do It All" using Ziphone. However when I put my sim card in, I got "no service". iTune displayed my phone #, the phone serial # and the above version. I think I am heading in the right direction right? Do I still need to unbrick or its unbricked but locked? What should I do? I still can't get IP address. Please help. thanks
    2008-04-14 05:08 AM
    press reset network settings in settings
    2008-04-14 06:34 AM
    press reset network settings in settings
    I could not find that button anywhere in network settings. The only feature that I can change is wifi on/off. Helps pls

Thanks
    2008-04-14 06:57 PM
    it's under settings, general and go down to the bottom, "reset"
    2008-04-14 07:01 PM
    it's under settings, general and go down to the bottom, "reset"
    Got it, but I still could not get the ip address. Is there any other way to unbrick it without needing the IP address? Thanks
    2008-04-14 07:15 PM
    you won't have an ip address unless you're connected to wifi. i'm not really sure waht you're trying to do here. your iphone is NOT bricked otherwise you won't even be able to use it
    2008-04-14 07:18 PM
    he is not connected to wifi

and obviously he doesnt know HOW to connect..

many scenarios here:

1. your wifi is hidden/protected
    2. you dont have a wifi (lol)
    3. your wifi signal is low/none
    4. your wifi doesnt work

and so on..

my advice is to get an experienced user or someone who has some knowledge of software or computers to check ur wifi connection (either u have one or not) and fix it for u.

trust me.. to connect to a wifi from an iphone would be the easiest job in the world
    but to understand how your wifi works would be really difficult for us to understand with the info u gave us up to now.
    2008-04-14 07:24 PM
    you won't have an ip address unless you're connected to wifi. i'm not really sure waht you're trying to do here. your iphone is NOT bricked otherwise you won't even be able to use it
    I thought that unprepared upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 will disable the GSM feature that's y I could not use my Rogers Sim card, but other features are still ok. After I downgraded to 1.0.2 with Ziphone (Do it all) I still could not use the phone feature with my sim card. So I am not sure what to do next. I thought that my iphone was still bricked that's why I was going to try to connect it with WinSCP to try the unbricking process. The WinSCP need a host ip to be able to connect.

Don't you need a mark ip address from the iphone to set up with a secure wifi? That's what the IT admin asking me for to setup the connection with his wifi. Thanks
    2008-04-14 07:34 PM
    $%"^$%

dude wtf ?!?

UPGRADE WITH ITUNES.
    PUT VERSION 1.1.4 ON
    RUN ZIPHONE
    PRESS DO IT ALL

AND U'LL HAVE A SIGNAL!

for a wifi connection u need to have a WIFI ROUTER!
    afterwords get in to wifi in settings and it should be there asking for a password!

why do u keep doing everything else rather than what we tell u ?
    2008-04-14 07:48 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.