View Poll Results: Did you get dirt under your screen in your iPhone after pokeing the memberane?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 4.00%
  • No

8 32.00%
  • Never poked it

16 64.00%
    Has anyone got dirt after using the iPhone for a while after poking the membrane under the speaker after a month or 2 or longer...?

I dont want to poke it if its going to block my vision...
    2008-04-15 09:44 AM
    I don't understrand what you mean????
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-15 10:52 PM
    No it wont get under screen, just all over the main board. Dont do it doesnt really help
    2008-04-15 10:56 PM
    Well the part where you said it only gets on the motherboard got me to do it, and yes it does work well, I just need a thinner needle to get the rest of the holes, and god dam that thing makes my ears bleed when you put dragonforce on 1.1.4 volume patch on treble booster equalizer and with the membrane poked, hella loud
    2008-04-16 05:27 AM
    Well the part where you said it only gets on the motherboard got me to do it, and yes it does work well, I just need a thinner needle to get the rest of the holes, and god dam that thing makes my ears bleed when you put dragonforce on 1.1.4 volume patch on treble booster equalizer and with the membrane poked, hella loud
    The ears of a curious boy named Greg hate you for that last example.
    2008-04-17 12:16 AM
    No it wont get under screen, just all over the main board. Dont do it doesnt really help
    Are you serious?! Watch, play a song, put it on max volume and put the EQ on loudness, now listen to the song. Now poke wholes and play the same song again. While your poking wholes and listening, the volume gets louder 20-35% which is alot. plus if you have a case then your good.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-17 12:21 AM
    What?! Talk to the many folks here who have had their iPhone's volume dramatically increased by the "poke" method, including myself. It's night and day!
    2008-04-17 12:53 AM
    ill leave that membrane alone lmao
    2008-04-17 07:04 AM
    def does get louder works like a charm, and no i havent got any dirt or dust under my screen. iv had it poked for like 4 months.. oyeh and HECK YEH Dragonforce owns!!
    2008-04-18 11:27 PM
    here goes
    a) have seen inside the phone after using the needle technique and ther are only three of those external holes that actually go directly into the speaker cone, and the space for dust to get in is microscopic as it is a tight fit inside there, believe me (I'm a doctor LOL)
    b) the screen is sealed, and not just sealed, it is factory adhered to the front glass so it is impossible to have dust intrusion which makes me wonder how 4% thing they can see dust! They may of course be seeing defective pixels which is more likely, I have one so far that piss*s me off, might exchange soon
    c) piercing the material that covers the holes does increase treble response, but I doubt that is in the percentages claimed, any improvement is good IMHO
    2008-04-18 11:46 PM
    The needle technique is crap. My way gets over 25% more audio.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=450771

Originally Posted by spetykowski
    WOW... it actually made me jump when i first heard the volume difference... It is unbelieveably loud... i was very scpetical at first but then, i decided to take it apart and give it a try... i am really happy with the results.. !!! Very Loud and crisp... i was showing it to my friend and actually had to talk very loud to hear each other at full volume while listing to music..!! Great mod..!!!
    2008-04-19 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD