Hi, guyz my Iphone is freezing regularly and i am almost restoring it daily. I bought this phone last week and when I spoke to the apple guyz they are asking to send my phone for repair. So can you suggest what should i do regarding this issue.
    2007-07-25 09:20 PM
    i had the same thing man..what i did is i took it to the mac store and the swaped it for a brand new one...take ur recipet..and all the cables and the box just in case
    2007-07-25 10:40 PM
    Same thing happened to me while i was surfin the web. I just waited awhile and held the power button down for about a minute and then it finally allowed me to power it off and then back on and it works fine.
    2007-07-25 10:44 PM
    kinda like a pc. It seems to have a shelf life. After a week to ten days you have to "reboot" , I know that mac users hate that word. It seems to solves the issue.
    2007-07-26 12:06 AM
    Hi, guyz my Iphone is freezing regularly and i am almost restoring it daily. I bought this phone last week and when I spoke to the apple guyz they are asking to send my phone for repair. So can you suggest what should i do regarding this issue.
    If its within 14 days they have to replace it at the store. That's it....
    That's Apple's policy!
    2007-07-28 05:42 AM
    Well to tell you the truth,,, I had dropped my iphone today.... and it wouldn't go to landscape view..... in ipod or safari.... so i called them up and said that since the update, it's not been working .... I troubleshooted with them on the phone and then they said they would fix it at no charge... Just say it happened after the update... LIL FIB ... NO BIG FEE
    2007-08-06 01:00 AM
    Just power it completely down instead of just putting it to sleep and it should solve your problem.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574
    2007-08-07 01:34 AM
    I solved the issue...it freezes up due to some wifi conflict.i working good now.Thanks for your sugessions
    2007-08-07 07:11 PM
    Dude, my roommate has the same problem. How did you resolve?
    2008-07-22 01:24 AM
    Me too mine would freeze up regularly , multiple times per hour , I read many many posts all over the net that people with all types of iphone having the same problem.
    A few things I noticed that everyone had in common is that no matter what version of itunes or OS or version of iphone the thing would freeze . So I did some testing with 2 of mine .
    IT IS NOT SOFTWARE RELATED.......
    1. I noticed that it would freeze regularly .

2. but only when not connected to a power source , like the wall socket or usb. it would work fine.when plugged in !

SO. here is what I did:
    Let the battery drain fully then recharge it on the regular .

Here is how rechargeable batteries work.

a rechargable battery has a "memory"
    therefore it must be run down and fully charged sometimes . or else it gets confused .

I have not had ANY FREEZE UPS WHAT SO EVER SINCE I STARTED THIS PROGRAM.( been 3 weeks now )

ever wonder why Apple does not address this issues ?
    It is because it is not a problem.
    It is called getting familiar with your product , learn how to use it .
    Alittle bit about myself , I am a technician for exoctic automobiles , I run into "problems" like this everyday . people bring in the car and tell me my pcm does not work the ipod or trak or memory counter for racing laps just does not work.

Well it works absolutely fine the 'problem' is that the owner has no idea how to use it . Or the battrey is so weak that certain SYSTEMS in the car shut down and they think it's broke.( this is a safety feature )there is a owners manual that is about as thick as a phone book that they never ever even think to read.

look sir ( i make A copy right from the owners manual ) and give it to him ---

A battery is the HEART of the machine.

This is what has worked for me, you guys try it and try it regulaly do not skip this step or else you may look foolish .
    because my iphone works fine now .It is something every cell phone user needs to to .And the iphone is a super sensitive device.
    Apple says that a charging cycle diminish's the life of the battery.
    Well a rechargale battery wont last forever but it needs to be maintained properly.
    and when it finally dies - replaced........

Here is a good link to an excellant gadget parts website

DirectFix: iPhone Service, iPhone Repair, Broken iPhone, iPhone Parts & iPhone LCD
    Last edited by blacktortoise; 2009-12-03 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-03 04:19 AM
    a rechargable battery has a "memory"
    therefore it must be run down and fully charged sometimes . or else it gets confused .
    Nickel-Cadmium batteries have a "memory" effect that can adversely effect battery life.
    Lithium-ion polymer batteries do not need to be fully discharged. The iPhone has a lithium based battery. Generally, lithium batteries should be charged often, and completely. Fully discharging this battery will increase battery wear.

Apple does address the "issue" to discharge your battery once and a while, though this is only to have an accurate battery meter.
    Apple - iPhone Batteries
    Apple - Batteries
    2009-12-03 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD