User Tag List

G'day to you all.

Now, I've been following the iPhone for a while now, its not quite out here in the UK. But I might buy one.

However I have a thorn in my side, and that thorn is iTunes. Im sure its a fantastic media solution, but I dont want it anywhere near my music files.

Is there any other media player that I can mod / cram / hack in there.

Thanks.
    2007-10-25 11:51 AM
    no
    u dont liek the ipod ?
    2007-10-26 09:24 PM
    Welcome...but, Nope.

Sorry!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2007-10-26 09:29 PM
    I'm with you on that one.. I personally dislike ITunes also but I have learned to live with it since I have bought an iphone. It sure has been a pain in the *** fixing all the ID tags on every single music file and renaming the folders/files also so it is will organized. Wish I still had my original CDs so I could just import them...

itunes I think is a pain in the ***. I'm pretty computer savvy but when it comes to this program I just don't know.. Honestly don't know anyone in my field at the university that likes it either.
    2007-10-26 09:54 PM
    I agree with you. I personally use MediaMonkey for my iPod, unfortunately they havn't been able to add iPhone support yet. So I've been stuck using iTunes for my iPhone in the meantime.

Good news is that the team over at MediaMonkey is working on a solution, bad news is that they don't know how long it will take. Part of the problem from what I understand is that the iPhone stores music differently from your normal iPods. So until then, I guess we're all stuck using iTunes.
    2007-10-27 09:33 PM
    Goodo. I'll stalk them for a while I guess.
    Thanks
    2007-10-28 07:26 PM
    check OPlayer out, it is the first non-jailbroken media player for iPhone.
    2010-01-19 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD