Searching around has revealed neither a trick, nor an app that will automate the process of using a calling card / access number when dialing long distance.

Did I miss it?

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this.

specifically, I'm looking to an app to help insert XXXACESSNUMBERXXX pause XXXCALLINGCARDNUMBERXXX pause XXXFINALDESTINATIONNUMBERXXX

(where final destination number is chosen from the contacts list)

Too soon?
    2007-10-25 11:10 PM
    I would love to see an application like this. For me, it's the only app missing from the iPhone with any importance.
    2008-02-01 01:29 AM
    Hear, hear! I used takephone for my treo, which has great calling card functionality. In the meantime, I'm going to look into doing something like what this guy did:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...calling%2Bcard

This is another app I would pay for!
    2008-04-04 12:41 PM
    This used to come on so many phones years ago, and it is the only reason my wife still uses her nokia 3390.
    2008-04-04 02:25 PM
    well, if you just want to insert a pause, it works on the regular phone application. when you go in to add a number, press the "+*#" key and 0 will turn into pause. that's how i set up my calling card.
    2008-04-04 04:10 PM
    Smart Caller is my new FREE iPhone app that integrates calling cards into the iPhone for effortless and affordable international calling from your iPhone.

- Zero config option: we set up card for you
    - FREE!
    - Knows timezones: displays the time in the country you are calling

More info at www.telecommarketsolutions.com
    2008-12-05 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD