I have the iphone 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone. Its been syncing with itunes perfect for sometime now, but just today I dont know what happened, but now when I go to sync it's asking me do I want to set up my iphone as a new phone or from backup! I am afraid to do anything at this point cause I dont want to ersase what I have on my iphone. If I choose "from backup" will this restore or delete what jailbroken programs I already have on my phone? My iphone is operating perfect as a jailbroken phone but I cant sync with itunes because of the above issue. Can I choose restore from backup WITHOUT loosing my jailbroken programs?

Art
    2008-04-19 11:27 AM
    Sounds Like you might have synced another iPhone on your iTunes, so yes if you select the option to setup your iPhone from Back-up then it will restore the last backup with your contacts etc etc, if you select sync as new phone then it will delete your old backup and create a new one, whatever contacts you have on iPhone will be backed up to outlook or whatever you select. In any case you will have to re-install all your Progs etc etc but your phone will obviously remain unlocked and JailBroken, unless you Shift+Restore.
    Cheers Sean.
    2008-04-19 12:21 PM
    Hi Sean,
    No I only have one iphone. If I do a restore from backup, will it restore my iphone to factory default? Will I loose my jailbroken programs? Will I have to run Ziphone again to jailbreak the phone? My last successful backup was yesterday.
    2008-04-19 01:15 PM
    yeah you're gonna have to rejailbreak and everything. Sorry mate.
    2008-04-19 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD