I am not sure if this has been asked or not, I have searched everywhere, and couldn't find it.

My questions is if I use the iphone I have now that I bought and unlocked, and jailbroke, and currently use on t-mobile, and I buy new AT&T service, and just get a basic SIM from them, can I do that or will they know I have the iphone and make me get a contract.

I also was wondering if there is a cheap data plan I can use, similar to t-zones, which I configured my iphone to work with on t-mobile. Would they know I have an iphone and would they make me get there iphone data plan.

Anyway, please let me know if you have the answer.

Thanks.
    2008-04-19 05:37 PM
    You can try and see. Do you mean like an AT&T prepaid card? Because that works too. I was talking to my friend and he said he might try that but with the gophone simcard.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-19 06:24 PM
    They will KNOW you have an iphone in the system. There is no cheap data plan work-around with AT&T unfortunately.
    2008-04-19 07:18 PM
    ^^^Agreed, they updated my device on my account page within 48 hours.

That being said, I don't have a data plan at all and I'm not planning on buying one either. WiFi is good enough for me.
    Apples taste good.
    2008-04-19 07:24 PM
    I use the ATT Go phone prepaid on my Iphone. Use WiFi for all my data and web surfing. Then when i'm not in range I can see the network data "E" and know not to roam or I get charged for the data transfer file size. I can call in and out just fine and M2M works sweet to!
    Some people change when they see the light, others when they feel the heat.
    2008-04-19 07:44 PM
    So they will at least let me just get a SIM card, with no contract, and let me use the phone I already have?
    2008-04-20 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD