Hi.
    KrayZie speaking.
    I want to ask if the iPhone is worth buying.

I know it can be modded, but that's not my point.

I want internet anywhere I go without looking for a hotspot or "stealing" one's WiFi.
    Especially at school, without catching the school's internet
    and find out that most websites are blocked and filtered.

As of the EDGE technology,
    I already made a thread about it
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12573
    If you're curious. =]

I also hear about the no no's about the iPhone and what are the things iPhone lacks that other "simple" phones have.
    Like MMS, IM, Video and all that kind of stuff.

--------
    And this is one problem also,
    I got my first phone, which is a MotoRAZR v3r just around August.
    Buying a 400 dollar phone is kind of pointless to me and people might think I'm a spoiled brat[But im heavily broke! ='/]

Say, is the iPhone worth buying.
    what are your opinions?
    Should I buy it? Despite that i recently had a phone just months ago?
    I'm a FreshkidHS, btw if that would help

Thanks.
    2007-10-28 07:29 AM
    I want to ask if the iPhone is worth buying.
    Yes.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-28 01:09 PM
    If you are broke, then pass it up. Sounds like you are interested in the internet as an important feature. Well, that is one crappy feature of the phone. Edge is ridiculously slow and it is quite cumbersome using the web on a tiny screen. Many web sites that need you to sign in or fill in forms, simply don't work and there are even more that require plugins that safari simply does not have.
    The sms as you know, is poor compared to all other phones. For me, it's a toy. I kept my Verizon phone to use a reliable phone. The iPhone is great for messing with mods, quick internet research on the go and mainly for email when out of the office. Oh, and of course, a great iPod. But you can get one of those for $150.
    2007-10-28 01:20 PM
    Thanks for your opinion pmas.
    Yeahh, as i said on my EDGE thread, im kinda starting to doubt buying one because..
    there are only a few pros, and TONS and TONS of cons.

I dont really mind about the SMS functionality, as im on a very basic family plan sharing with the whole family with just 600anytime minutes available/unlimited night and weekends//no SMS and data

But thank you for pointing that out for me,
    I guess i'll just stick with an iPod touch or Classic and keep my MotoRAZR phone.
    till someone really proves me that its worth buying

..i just hope its not an Apple Fanboy saying "OMG DUDE!, ITS THE SHIZZNIT!..BUY IT!!...."

"APPLE RULES!!"[says fanboy]

either way, whether i'll end up buying it or not, i'll still chill in this forums anyway. =]
    2007-10-28 09:48 PM
    I guess i'll just stick with an iPod touch or Classic and keep my MotoRAZR phone.
    till someone really proves me that its worth buying
    I'm in Melbourne, Australia. My cousin did just that: bought a Touch for A$549 (regular price). I got an iPhone on eBay for A$576 (I got lucky after watching auctions for a month morning, noon and night). For just $28 more, I have an iPhone, not just a Touch. He and his wife were very unhappy when they saw my iPhone. They're gonna get an iPhone now. And to quote Steve Jobs and several reviewers, "the best iPod is the iPhone."

So between the Touch and the iPhone, I think the iPhone is the way to go. I just checked the US Apple Store. The 16GB Touch and the iPhone sell for the same price?! Granted that the Touch is double the storage, still...you get the picture.

Now between the iPod Classic v. the iPhone and between your existing MotoRAZR v. the iPhone, yes the savings is substantial.

Just my .02

Good luck!
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2007-10-29 07:15 AM
    I think its worth it. I'm so happy to get rid of three or four devices and just have everything on one.

Edge isn't so bad you can't use it. I find myself using the web and email quite often through the day.

I guess its up to you. If you are going to blow 400 bucks its better to just get the Iphone (btw I owned a iPod touch for about three days before I returned it for this iPhone).
    2007-10-29 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD