Hey,

I need to replace my iphone speaker because just last week it started playing everything distorted even on none bassy tracks. I think it's because i was listening to songs with to much bass and it busted the speaker. Now i've been searching around and trying to find something on how to replace the speaker but can't find anything, has anyone replaced their speaker before? is it easy to do? there's some sites that sell replacement speakers so i really want to do it.

There's some videos on opening the iphone but they mostly focus on taking the screen apart. I need more detail on how the speaker is connected and if its easy to replace a new one.

thanks
    erhan
    2008-04-22 07:21 PM
    Im gonna assume your phone is "unlocked", cause otherwise I would just take it to Apple for a new one, its under warranty.
    2008-04-22 10:33 PM
    yeah it's unlocked, i also did the needle thing which probably killed my warranty.
    2008-04-23 03:59 AM
    I would google it. I know theres alot of YouTube videos out there showing how to take the beast apart. Its really not that hard. Google for parts too, I doubt it would be that expensive.
    2008-04-23 04:10 AM
    I have the same problem.. Except my speaker is blown out and it doesn't make sound now.
    I've only been able to find videos on YouTube on how to take the whole thing apart..
    Maybe I'll just improv it if I a get a replacement spe

aker :P it doesn't look too hard..
    2008-11-24 04:46 AM
    Nobody searches worth a dang......... *slaps head*

the thread is right in my sig. "flex cable DIY"
    2008-11-24 04:48 AM
    ^^Thats not true....

A 7 month old thread was found.
    2008-11-24 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD