yo...

bought a otb 1.0.2 in october 07...now running unlocked and jailbroken..1.1.4.....i dont even have ssh..but i have a lot of apps...but it has not been until recently that my bettery life has been terrible..i listen to my iphone on the train for like 40 minutes..and i get in and the battery is half gone...i check my facebook and send a couple texts and my phone dies by the end of my work day....7am to 5pm....wtf!!! someone help..do i need to replace my battery..is it still under warranty?
    2008-04-22 08:30 PM
    what apps have you installed since you noticed the battery declining? SIP VoiP can drain your batter if it isn't shut off correctly as will a number of other apps.
    2008-04-22 08:33 PM
    swirly mms as well
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-04-22 09:39 PM
    Are you using MobileMail to fetch your email automatically?
    Try setting Auto-Check to Manual.

Every Auto-Check is a data call and it consumes battery just about the same as if you had made a similar phone call.

If you don't need to use WiFi, turn it off.
    If you don't need to use Bluetooth, turn it off.

Use BigBoss' Preferences to make sure you've switched off what you want. It will also allow you to switch of Edge in case you have a stray app accessing the net in the background.

Manage your screen brightness.

I can go on a 5hr flight watching movies and not deplete my battery.
    If I check my email when I really need to, I can go for two to three days of usage with normal talk time.
    2008-04-23 08:21 AM
    I wish I could figure out what I added that is doing this. I had everything running great and my battery was completely dead overnight and I didnt even use the phone after charging it. Admittedly I did leave SSH on but I have done that before and it never ran the battery down that much, maybe 25% over night not dead.

What I added was SysInfo so that I could view what was running.

I haven't been able to locate after many searches a good list of what services are necessary to keep running. For example, Just turning my phone on and plugging it in, Sys Info is showing me teh following as running:

SysInfo
    MobilePhone
    notifyd
    mediaserverd
    ptpd
    update
    syslogd
    lockdownd
    mDNSResponder
    iapd
    crashreporterd
    configd
    SpringBoard
    CommCenter
    BTServer
    launchd
    kernel_task

This is one aspect of the iPhone I still am a bit of a noob at. What do all these services do? I know on my XP desktop I have cone in and manually disabled unnecessary services and set many others to manual. I'd love to be able to do this for the iPhone as well.
    2008-04-23 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD