User Tag List

I'm going to the apple store tomorrow to exchange my iPhone. I keep getting no sim errors randomly. After which, I reboot the phone then it works for a while, then bam it happens again. Really irritating. So anyways my question is after a restore the apple genius can't tell if i was hackin around can he? Ive been jailbreakin for about nine months now and never needed to return my phone. I'm on AT&T and latest used ziphone to jailbreak 1.1.4.
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.
    2008-04-22 10:04 PM
    Restore it, and do not restore from backup when your done because that imports prefrences from your apps. Have you unlocked it?
    For the truely paranoid, i heard restroing 3 times removes any traces for some reason...
    2008-04-22 10:47 PM
    well if you also make sure your comp doesnt send apple notices that might help improve or what ever, thats good. Restore once, set up as new phone, sync music and your good for a return.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-22 11:06 PM
    Success! The genius tried to tell me to go to att to get a new sim card. I told him that its pretty hard to belive that the sim went bad and still works (sometimes). So he caved and gave me the new shiny phone. I restored and set up as a new phone. No problems, no hassle. I noticed that the screen colors look different. Maybe even a bit more vibrant, has anyone else noticed a difference from older phones to new ones? I got mine early on so Im sure its possible that changes were made to some of the hardware (to work out the bugs) so to speak.
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.
    2008-04-24 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD