Hey All, I know I dont post here much but I am also not a lurker. So Well here is the story. It was stolen, not to go in any details but i got mugged. I am over seas (India) and I know I can get another one if i walk down the street but should I? Should i really get another iPhone? Dont get me wrong, Its a kik azz device, i love it for the web and email but battery life was not up to my likings nor did i even really put a song on it. I know this is an iPhone forum and people will say YEP GET ANOTHER ONE but why? I am looking at other devices and none of them are as sexy, cool or Pimp. Viewty any good? Reviews say NO but others say yep. What shall i get. NO PALM, Maybe a Blackberry which is the same price as the iPhone. I had it since it was at 1.1.2 OTB, used xsim for a while until i just went to 1.1.4 and used zIphone (thank you by the way to the dev's). What shall i get? Convince me to get another iphone and or convince me to get a different device.

P.S Thank you all for the support that this forum has given me and thousands like me who just want to learn about tricks and tips with the iphone.

I filed a police report and they said its a 25% chance to recover it. Man i should have kicked the guy in the ballz and ran. Atleast I wouldnt be posting this here and would had my iphone.

I saw another guy with one today and just wanted to bum-rush him and take it and be like YOU DONT DESERVE IT, You didnt even jailbreak it. Uhhhh... Soo much potential but he lacked the will... Anyway talk to me ppl.

Take care..

Regards.
    D. Malik
    2008-04-23 07:07 PM
    IMO i think another iPhone is the way to go. Like you said none of them are as sexy, cool or Pimp. With the upcoming firmware and its new features and the way people are developing new and usefull programs it can only get better! Stick with the iphone i say! And battery life i know is not the greatest but used as a normal phone is is average as any other phone and the more it does the shorter the battery life as with any other phone. The only option i see you having is waiting for second generation iPhone or getting another now.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
    2008-04-23 08:30 PM
    um if the other guy you saw is using it in india, that phone is jailbroken unless he's a tourist visiting and roaming on his network
    2008-04-23 08:41 PM
    I take it the only thing stopping you is expense? I had a Treo, like my iPhone much better. Blackberry's are cool, but useless without an exchange server to link up with. There's nothing else out there right now that does everything so 'nicely' as the iPhone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-04-23 08:45 PM
    Yes you are right. I am looking into another Iphone but will go for the new 16gb 1.1.4. I willnever use the ipod feature BUT will never get an older model. Time to get another one. Maybe in a few weeks. Till then its an old Sony Ericsson z600. I wish i can find tat guy and kik him in the nutz. But wht about the viewty?
    2008-04-24 06:13 AM
    I don't think I can use any other cell phone. The iPhone has everything for me and I just couldn't live without it anymore.
    2008-04-24 06:33 AM
    iPhone has too much potential. the other phones are nothing compared to what this device is capable of.
    this is coming from a user on all fronts as well
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-04-24 07:31 AM
    the only thing we need is a damn IM that goes straight to the servers...aim yahoo msn and yahoo!
    2008-04-24 07:34 AM
    maybe also a better battery life. Whats going to be soo new in v 1.2 aka 2.0? They working on copy paste? better SMS? I like native apps / orignal app support which a few features lack on iPhone. man i miss it. WEATHER!!!!!!!!! Hell hot here in India. Cant wait till i goto Singapore or somewhere else.
    2008-04-24 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD