Hey,

Just wondering; around Christmas, mid December, I went on a bus trip to NYC and on the way down there, my earbuds crapped out, so I exchanged them at the underground NYC Apple store. I was hoping to just get the earbuds and go, but they had to see my phone first. So it wasnt restored, and it was jailbroken. I got the new earbuds, but I was just wondering if my phone was "flagged" and now even if I restored, my phone wouldnt be taken. Nothing is wrong at the moment, but it is just a concern that I have...

-Andrew
    2008-04-28 01:34 AM
    they may or may not have flagged it. its def a possability. who knows. never let them see ur serial number ever ever. u should have known better if all u wanted was earbuds
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-04-30 03:52 AM
    hmm thats weird...
    unless you showed them your serial number, then they cant really flag it i guess
    if you restored it and took it back later that would be the only way they could possibly track it
    and besides, its not illegal to jailbreak your phone, its just that if you do they dont have to provide support for you
    2008-04-30 03:56 AM
    they dont care the apple guys... at least the one at the stores... my friend showd the guy his and the guy was like cool dude just be careful who u show that too u never know what they will say... ur prob fine though
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-30 04:11 AM
    Well the guy physically was browsing my phone, so he probably went through everything. Oh well, Im very sure I wont mess anything up and then I'll be getting the 3G iPhone so I should be good to go...
    2008-04-30 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD