User Tag List

Hi!
    Unfortunately, even though the screen was claimed to be "very difficult to scratch" I have no idea how it happened, but I have a quite noticeable scratch on my iPhone screen...

is there a way on hoiw to remove this scratch ?
    for usual cellphone screens there was for example a special substance called Displex that you simply put on the screen and it made the scratch way less noticable...
    any ideas on this?
    thanks!
    2008-04-27 11:59 PM
    Hoi there

I bought some of that displex stuff for my girlfriend who managed to scratch the screen of her n95

After trying for a long time to use the stuff and buff out the scratch it is still there and now there is a dull part of the screen where we were trying to buff out the scratch so I don't have a great experience of using that stuff

She's going to get a new screen, it may work differently with the iphone screen though so maybe it's worth a try
    2008-04-28 12:28 AM
    yeh try that stuff. or i would suggest to just deal with it. its a scratch its bound to happen at some time in the phones life. thats why they make screen protectors
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-04-30 01:48 AM
    I've had many scratches on glass things in the past and heres a little secret....its all in the toothpaste. Thats right, use some gel toothpaste, put a tad bit on your finger and rub it over the scratch. The toothpaste will fill in the scratch and just wipe the excess off, the scratch will now be virtually undetectable. I've done it many times and it works 100% of the time with smaller scratches. If you've cracked your screen or anything..i dunno if it'll still work.

If this helped, press the Thanks button!
    2008-05-02 01:01 PM
    Did anyone try this yet?
    2008-08-30 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD