So i have been messing with this for days to no avail.. its killing me , i have a lot of mods that i want to put onto my phone, and i cant connect to it. I followed the guide on this site about using FUGU to connect. Doesnt work. Yesterday I did a clean restore, and then used Ipwnage 1.1 to pwn my phone. created a custom ipsw. So now im sittin here and cannot connect to my iphone, im on a mac. Tried transmit, and FUGU. I am connected to the internet via a cable, so I used airport to create a wifi network, and then connected to that network using my iphone, I am sure that i have the right ip address in fugu, and BossPrefs says that SSH is on.. but i cant connect.. Any ideas?
    2008-04-28 02:31 AM
    I think is the Airport Router. I tried connecting internet via Airport Apple from my friend PC (with internet through his Airport Apple router). It didn't work. So I went to my close friend and tried the WiFi with a Netgear and it worked! I have no idea why the Airport Apple didn't work (it had only less than 8 digits for password compare to my Netgear friend one with had like 15, I am not sure if the password length plays a role. The connection was both tried on a WEP.)

Test it with someone else who has a WiFi to comfirm that whether is your iPhone or the Airport... A close friend or cousins perhaps?

If it still doesn;t work... Retry to restore it using http://iphone.unlock.no/ and the program ZiPhone. If still nto working, then reinstall the firmware and using Zipphone to unlock it again?

All this happened on 1.1.4 and now is working perfect!
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme
    2008-04-28 02:46 AM
    Check on your iPhone what IP you have.
    On the terminal window ping your iPhone: ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    After confirming you can see the iPhone, on the same terminal window ssh to your iPhone: ssh [email protected]
    If you get a response that the connection was refused, then activate the service with BossPrefs.
    If you get an error that your key has changed.... etc, then it's quicker to just remove the "known_hosts" file: rm /Users/xxx/.ssh/known_hosts
    2008-04-28 04:44 AM
    Na I don't think its a router issue? It has to be something else? Some incompatibility issue, cause right now I'm running 7.7.1 iTunes and 2.0.1 iPhone now and now I'm having this issue? I was able to JailBreak but now can't ssh? I tried with my girls phone which I did the jailbreak on with out the 7.7.1 or 2.0.1 and am able to ssh in to hers with no problem. Same network mind you???? I"M RACKING MY BRAIN HERE FELLAS, ANY ONE KNOW ANYTHING ON THIS...
    2008-08-16 04:35 AM
    Even I had trouble with ssh-ing into the iPhone, but I got it working after this:

1) Installed OpenSSH via Cydia.
    2) Restarted.
    3) Installed SBSettings.
    4) Restarted.
    5) Opened up SBSettings.
    6) Turned SSH off.
    7) Turned SSH on.
    8) Then I took the latest IP address (this is important) and WinSCPd.

Worked fine!
    2009-06-30 12:37 PM
    Even I had trouble with ssh-ing into the iPhone, but I got it working after this:

2) Restarted.
    3) Installed SBSettings.
    4) Restarted.
    5) Opened up SBSettings.
    6) Turned SSH off.
    7) Turned SSH on.

Worked fine!
    After 2 hours of googling I found this very good summary, and this is how I got it to work.
    2) Restarted.
    :: Jump ::

For those of you that still have problems might want to follow my extra steps:
    9) Double checked that my router allowed me to access the device.
    10) Installed and started putty (as admin)
    11) Updated WinSCP, started (as admin) & changed time out from 15 sec to 120 sec
    12) Logged in with WinSCP (Details here: WinSCP :: How do I connect to my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? )
    13) In menu goto Commands > Open in PuTTY.

Somehow it seems that my router allows me to connect when I am logged into it via the browser but not otherwise
    2011-09-12 06:32 AM
    use iFunbox?
    2011-09-12 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD