Hello,

I received today my brand new iphone 8GB from UK.
    I'm having some problems, maybe due some misconfiguration....

1) Can't hear anyone on the other side (updated: removed the plastic cover and now sound is ok!)
    2) Everytime i try to call a number using key keypad, when i start writing the number it ALWAYS sends me back to the main menu, not allowing me to dial any number!
    3) Everytime someone calls me, i don't get the call. Doesn't ring, neither vibrates. Only shows me like a small "loading image" on the center of the screen. Nothing else....
    4) When receiving a SMS, when i click on SMS icon, it takes me back again to the main menu...

What can i do? Is this any misconfiguration, or hardware problem?
    The phone is new in the box, never used.
    I tried already a reboot of the phone, pressing both top and bottom buttons, but still with this problems...

Please help!
    2008-04-29 06:37 PM
    oo.. I think you should back up and restore... That does sound weird
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-29 08:03 PM
    Sorry, this is my first time with an iphone.
    How can i do that?
    The firmware i have actually is 1.1.2

Thank you
    2008-04-29 08:34 PM
    plug it in to itunes and do a restore. if you want it unlocked use pwnage or iliberty.
    2008-04-29 09:03 PM
    this might sound little stupid to you, but should i register at itunes?
    I bought my phone from ebay (unlocked), should be any legal problem when registering at itunes?

Is there any FAQ for iphone newbies where i can see this question and others answered?
    2008-04-29 09:17 PM
    since its unlocked just update to 1.1.4 and use iliberty to unlock it and not sure check the wiki page.
    2008-04-29 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD