Yesterday my phone got a little wet and now the lower part of the screen is dead (nothing happens when i touch it, but there is still picture). What should do? The phone is jailbroken and i live in sweden so i cant really go down to the apple center and repair it right?
    2008-05-02 02:33 PM
    sorry to hear that man. try to leave it off for couple of days and stick it to box of rice. rice should suck out all the water what might get inside and phone will be ok after that with little bit of luck. thats probably your best shot. and deffo worth the try. good luck
    2008-05-02 02:38 PM
    Check this out. There are some useful tips

http://www.fixya.com/support/t191484...en_not_working
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-05-02 02:39 PM
    thanks for the link Eurisko! So its not just me that has this problem.. "In my Iphone touch screen 2nd row from top is not working. it is exactly where the youtube, stocks, maps, weather and on the keypad its 4,5,6 buttons . all other tocuh functions are working fine. i tried rebooting many times , but it seems to be a hardware problem, , please help me help me help me .. Thanks".

One solution seems to be to hard reboot the phone (onoff and menu button), but my phoe just turns off .

my iPhone is now in a bag of rice =/. I will never drink again!

now there is a new way to call chinese food =)

update: This rice thing might acutually work! Now i can press the top 3 icons!
    Last edited by smackjack; 2008-05-02 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-02 04:32 PM
    If you use it officially,deliver it for Apple to repair...
    2008-05-02 04:58 PM
    If you use it officially,deliver it for Apple to repair...
    sry i didnt understand that.. could you rephrase?

The screen is a little better after rhe rice trick but still not useable I will give it one more day. What more can i do, all tips and trix are welcome.
    Last edited by smackjack; 2008-05-02 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-02 09:59 PM
    sry i didnt understand that.. could you rephrase?

The screen is a little better after rhe rice trick but still not useable I will give it one more day. What more can i do, all tips and trix are welcome.
    I'd leave it in rice for like a week. It takes a while to get water out of those places and sometimes it takes time. Worst case, buy a new screen and repair it yourself, many people sell them and have installation instructions, but be careful.
    2008-05-02 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD