User Tag List

Hey all,

I recently restored my iPhone to factory settings, to 1.1.1, and used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak the iphone and install installer.app, BSD, Sources, and openSSH (so that I could put ringtones on my iphone). In the process of changing the password for my SSH connection, (via modifying the master.passwd file (found an encryptor thing online that told me what code i needed based on my password)), and without testing it I disconnected and tried to reconnect. The password (original and new) didn't work, so I restored to 1.1.1 again, and used jailbreakme.com again... Installer.app installed, BSD, Sources, and OpenSSH, but now the iPhone is stuck at the screen that first comes up when it is turned on (the apple logo). Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this? (I tried the home button/ wakeup button combo but it didn't fix anything)
    2007-11-04 05:44 AM
    um restore... if that doesnt work.. call apple.. if they say to take it in to the store or to send it in.. your SOL
    2007-11-04 06:45 AM
    Hold onto those buttons for dear life!
    Make sure you don't let go, unless of course 10 minutes later theres no luck, or call Apple, but restore 3 times jut to be sure your apps are gone.
    2007-11-04 07:18 AM
    Hold onto those buttons for dear life!
    Make sure you don't let go, unless of course 10 minutes later theres no luck, or call Apple, but restore 3 times jut to be sure your apps are gone.
    Thanks DoerrFan,

I got it to work last night by trying it a few times before it actually took to the restore. I did notice, however, that it kept all my settings for my 3rd party apps (when I reinstalled them). That's no problem though I don't think.
    2007-11-04 03:10 PM
    dock it
    open itunes
    hold the home and sleep button intell it shuts off KEEP HOLDING the home button let go of the sleep button
    iTunes should pop up and say the phone is connected in restore mode or something like that
    restore it from there

also dont edit the master.passwd file thats a good way to screw stuff up simple way is go into terminal on your phone and type "passwd root" enter your passwords then "passwd mobile" enter your passwords
    2007-11-04 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD