I need to take my iPhone to the Apple Store's Genius Bar to fix a hardware problem I'm having. My iPhone is hacked but I still use AT&T. I want to make it look "unhacked" so that the Apple employees don't ***** about how I should'nt be getting service for a hacked device that lost its warranty. To do this, I deleted all third party apps, but even with SummerBoard deleted, the apps in the home menu still scroll. Also, I'm not sure what would be the proper way to delete the installer, and whether doing so will mess up the phone. Any advice?
    2007-11-04 11:20 PM
    I could be wrong, but u could just restore the phone, have it fixed, then rehack it. I believe the scroll feature is built into the hacking software.
    2007-11-04 11:53 PM
    I could be wrong, but u could just restore the phone, have it fixed, then rehack it. I believe the scroll feature is built into the hacking software.
    I believe the horizontal scrolling is built in to the Apple firmware.
    2007-11-05 12:50 AM
    Could be. I don't remember because as soon as i upgraded i hacked it. Sorry if my info was incorrect.
    2007-11-05 01:39 AM
    I accidently found that you can make your iphone look unhacked. Attempt the following at your own risk.

First, reset all your Summerboard prefs to default. Then, using Customize, goto rSBT, move all your 3rd party apps into the "hidden" section. Make sure all the default apps are on SpringBoard. When the phone soft boots, everything disappears except the default icons. It looks like an unhacked iPhone but all your apps/files are still on your phone.

However, you will not be able to go back to your hacked mode directly from your iphone to get all your apps back. The way to get it back (for Windows users) is to use WinSCP, iphonebrowser or other, and upload a fresh version of the file, M68AP.plist into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ folder of your phone. The instructions are also found here in this thread, post #8:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12869

Now that I think about this a bit, it might be better to download the M68AP.plist file from your iPhone first to your local computer before performing the above instructions. Upload this file after you are done.

Please don't attempt this if you are not experienced with WinSCP/iphonebrowser etc... or unsure how to use any of these software tools.
    2007-11-05 02:12 AM
    if i was going to take my phone into the apple store for a hardware fix i would virginize it to avoid any possibility of being blacklisted and/or denied warranty repair...

its a lotta work but im a cheap guy and im not gonna risk losing my free pass for new iphones ("the touch screen intermittently stops working, ive tried to recreate the problem but it seems to show up randomly every couple of days goes away after a few hours" "ok sir here's a new iphone") hehe.

EDIT: yeah that works with pretty much everything i own that's under a warranty (in fact with my DS every time i do it, it refreshes my 1 year warranty...i get a brand new DS like every 4 months)
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-11-05 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD