Is there a way to disable the SMS popup's that appear when I get a new message?

I don't want anyone to be able to read my messages whilst my phone is sat on the desk at work?

Can it not be configured to simply show you that there is a unread sms by the counter on the SMS icon?

I know an application called Caterpillar is able to do this but this is $40 and I don't want to use the other features that this software comes with..

Please help..

Thanks
    Mark
    2008-05-03 12:37 PM
    You can use Pysl app, it's free. Do a search here there are several threads about it.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-03 08:15 PM
    You can use Pysl app, it's free. Do a search here there are several threads about it.
    Just having a look...

It looks like a powerful app. Can you simply just block the popup's or do you have to do it for each contact?

Thanks
    Mark
    2008-05-03 08:31 PM
    You can block all popups plus hide selected contacts messages. You can also block blocked numbers from calling you. I use caterpillar and pysl.
    All thanks appreciated :-)
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-03 09:06 PM
    You can block all popups plus hide selected contacts messages. You can also block blocked numbers from calling you. I use caterpillar and pysl.
    All thanks appreciated :-)
    I have turned on SMS Privacy in the Settings but ever since doing this I now don't even get a SMS tone when I get a new message.

Is this right? Surley I should still get a sound when a message comes in?

Thanks
    Mark
    2008-05-03 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD