Im new to this forum first off, so Hi, ok well my idea is to conect my iphone to my LCD screen that is mounted in my car, i waited on a car pc and i think that if i can get a cable or a way to view the Internet on a bigger screen i will no longer need to buy a car pc, Saving me Money.

I droppped by Radio Shack and they did have a cable that allowed you to view your Videos, but you couldnt Stream the internet or YouTube.

Help---Gilbert

:bump:
    Last edited by Rowlet; 2007-11-05 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Intrest
    2007-11-05 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure what kind of inputs your car lcd screen has but you can always swing by the apple store and grab the video-out cable for the iphone.
    2007-11-05 05:10 PM
    well in my car, i have the standerd ipod hook up cable with two AV ends, and on the LCD screen i have the Yellow Video RCA input, Radio Shack had a AV (head phone jack) To a RCA With Video, Left and Right ends, But my problem is that i cant surf the Internet on the LCD screen, though my iphone..
    Last edited by Rowlet; 2007-11-05 at 05:23 PM.
    2007-11-05 05:20 PM
    well in my car, i have the standerd ipod hook up cable with two AV ends, and on the LCD screen i have the Yellow Video RCA input, Radio Shack had a AV (head phone jack) To a RCA With Video, Left and Right ends, But my problem is that i cant surf the Internet on the LCD screen, though my iphone..
    I think the TV out is exactly for that, for watching videos only. You'd need a hack to redirect the video from the iPhone screen to your external screen. I don't think anyone has come up with one yet.
    2007-11-05 05:31 PM
    well im pretty car smart not so much phone hacking smart hopefully some one will come up with some thing for me...
    2007-11-05 05:39 PM
    When Steve Jobs does a presentation on the iPhone and it displays the whole thing, including menus on an external display, he specifically mentions that it's been modified to allow him to do that. I don't think there's any way to export the complete display. It would probably take some really heavy hacking to do so.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."
    2007-11-05 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD