Hey there folks... sorry if this is already answered somewhere i could not find it.

Many friends of mine have bougth iphones and i unlocked for them... and i tell them countless times that when a new iphone update arrives they must not update! but they do it anyway so i get a really nice job as an iphone viriginator and stuff...

is there a way? a hack, modifying hosts files or something like that to prevent itunes from updating the iphone?

please help me! thanks!
    2007-11-05 04:13 PM
    Hey there folks... sorry if this is already answered somewhere i could not find it.

Many friends of mine have bougth iphones and i unlocked for them... and i tell them countless times that when a new iphone update arrives they must not update! but they do it anyway so i get a really nice job as an iphone viriginator and stuff...

is there a way? a hack, modifying hosts files or something like that to prevent itunes from updating the iphone?

please help me! thanks!
    Tetsu,

Just have itunes disable automatic syncing...open itunes then under edit go to preference then go to iphone tab and check 'Disable automatic syncing"

So far thats what I have
    2007-11-05 04:25 PM
    the thing is to disable firmware updates... permanently.. moron resistant.... something like editing the servers itunes contacts in order to check this... so i dont think disable the sync will solve this.. there is always the "check updates" button
    2007-11-05 04:28 PM
    Fill the connector at the bottom of the iPhone with a little epoxy so they can't plug the dock connector in.

Either that, or they'll learn eventually.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."
    2007-11-05 06:11 PM
    Nothing is moron proof. Your friends are just going to have to learn not to push the update button. How hard can that be?
    2007-11-05 06:14 PM
    yes there is you need a modded .com.apple.update.plist...iamlooking for it now
    2007-11-05 06:14 PM
    jajajajajaj (or hahahahaha in english) that was funny :P
    2007-11-05 07:12 PM
    anybody? has some info bout this? thanks
    2007-11-06 09:09 PM
    Nothing is moron proof. Your friends are just going to have to learn not to push the update button. How hard can that be?
    This is the definitive answer. People are free to walk across freeways, too. But most know enough not to. And those that don't...
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2007-11-06 09:16 PM
    Its pretty simple. Grab the back of their heads, and push it to the computer, pull up the update notification, and smack them in the back of the head and tell them NO. I did this to my dog when it shat on the carpet and it worked like a charm.

Reako
    2007-11-06 10:45 PM
    theres a option that when it asks you to update you can choose never to be reminded about the update so click never simple as that
    2007-11-06 10:51 PM
    what about this?

whats the apple update website url?

i think we can add a line in the hosts file...

is located in

CWINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

the file name is "hosts" without extensions...

we should add a line like this

127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com

can anyone confirm the url? for the firmware download? or for the update check?
    2007-11-07 05:22 PM
    If you make something moron proof, they'll just come out with a bigger moron that will defeat your moron proofing.
    2007-11-07 06:22 PM
    Haha, ^ good point. OR just uninstall iTunes from their computers and make sure they only use yours to update their Music Libraries and so forth.

Reako
    2007-11-07 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD