Any ideas on why neither Outlook calendar nor contacts will sync to my iPhone? I can see the entries in Outlook, and outlook sync for both calendar and contacts is selected in iTunes, but nothing ends up on my phone.

Thx!
    smlaux
    2007-07-31 01:37 AM
    Any ideas on why neither Outlook calendar nor contacts will sync to my iPhone? I can see the entries in Outlook, and outlook sync for both calendar and contacts is selected in iTunes, but nothing ends up on my phone.

Thx!
    smlaux
    First. If you have Outlook 2000, I ran across this as a solution http://www.crazygadgetguru.com/posts...-solution.html

If you are using a newer version, this is from apple's support page http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305845

If you still can't get it working, let us know!

justin 8)
    2007-07-31 06:59 PM
    First. If you have Outlook 2000, I ran across this as a solution http://www.crazygadgetguru.com/posts...-solution.html

If you are using a newer version, this is from apple's support page http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305845

If you still can't get it working, let us know!

justin 8)
    Thanks for the links, but no dice. I'm running Outlook 2002 and a different version of WAB, so even trying to combine the info in the articles didn't get me there (different menus, etc.). I'm still searching out there, so if I find a solution, I'll post it.

smlaux
    2007-08-01 01:37 AM
    Sorry to hear that none of that worked. Once I get home late tonight, I'll take a look around as well. I found those quickly while here at work.
    2007-08-01 01:58 AM
    Hey guys - I just spent several hours on the phone with both Apple and Microsoft and I had the same problems as you and I got it resolved. Here's How (Hopefully for you)

This solves Outlook not syncing with the iPhone

Goto the "Tools" menu and select "Trust Center"

Select "Add-Ins"

And see if under the "Disabled Items" list there is an Item "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin"

If it's there, that's your problem. Go to the bottom of that box and there is a drop down next to Manage and the default is "COM Add-ins" click that and select "Disabled Items".

A box will pop up with the Outlook Sync in it. Click that one and then click "Enable" then "Ok" Then "Ok" again to close the main Trust Center and then close Outlook and wait a few seconds (like 5) then Open Outlook back up and try your sync.

Should work, mine did....

Hope this helps guys...
    2007-08-01 09:45 PM
    mclare, you ROCK!!!!!... Works perfectly
    2007-09-29 12:06 AM
    No go for me... and from alot of searching the problem seems like a big problem for alot of users...
    2008-07-26 12:23 AM
    Sorry, but I have nothing under Disabled App :-( I'm still unble to sync with my Contacts from Outlook.
    On Itunes-->Info Tab-->I used to have Outlook(before v 3.1.3), right now I just have Gmail, Yahoo and windows contact.

Need Help
    2010-02-25 03:18 PM
    I have been searching for over a month to find a solution for this notification when I try to sync my Calendar with my iPhone.
    'No Supported Calendar Application Can Be Found'
    I am using Office 2003 Outlook and have previoulsy syncd my calendar. But, for some unknown reason for the past month I cannot sync my calender.
    I have search, read everything suggested, gone to other forums, etc., and still have not resolved this issue.
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    3G OS 3.0 (7A341) Model MB048LL
    2010-02-25 07:29 PM
    I have had the same problem, it all comes down to the latest version of iTunes (9.1.1.12), if you do a Google search you will see there a thousands of people out there with the same problem.

To this date I have tried all the suggested cures out there, all with no luck!

Then I came across the following link, which whilst not curing the problem, does give a usable work around.

It also has the added benefit of updating your calendar without physically connecting your iPhone to your computer - result!

DeHamerspace Outlook Calendar Syncing to iPhone via Google

It will have to suffice until Apple decides it does have a problem with its integration of Outlook.

Give it a whirl - it beats the constant searching of Google in the vain hope that there is a cure out there (if Apple hasn't sorted it in the next iTunes update, I'll do a google search many months from now and hope that someone has cured it).
    2010-06-11 11:16 AM
    The google fix worked. Thanks.
    I have battled with the -iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone “Kimber’s iPhone” beause the sync server failed to sync the iPhone- error for a long time.
    Afraid to disable iTunes from trying to sync Outlook calendar. Maybe later.
    The only glitch thusfar is google's calendar will not pick up recurring occurences (which have an end date) entered into the iPhone calendar. Switched a few to show no end date and they synced fine.
    Thanks again.
    Kim
    2010-10-18 05:25 PM
    Okay, so I wanted to post this in case it can help others, because this problem of the Outlook calendar all of a sudden not syncing with my iPhone was driving me NUTS!!!

Here’s how I FINALLY fixed my problem…

First off, I am on Win7, I have an iPhone 3GS running 4.2.1 (jb and unlocked), Outlook 2010 32bit, and I have iTunes 10.1.2.17 (now).

I believe the problem started when I updated to the latest iTunes (10.2.1), but I can’t confirm it.

I tried everything mentioned online, but nothing worked, so here are the steps I took:

1. I deleted iTunes 10.2.1 (check Apple Support for the proper way to do this) and installed the previous version of iTunes (10.1.2.17). I also unjailbroke and rejailbroke my phone. (BTW, when I rejailbroke my phone and I got to the part in iTunes where I pick a backup to restore from, I had a backup from the previous day and a backup from the previous month. I chose the previous month).

2. I then saw that my calendar in Outlook actually had a few calendars in there (2 instances of the name CALENDAR and 1 named HOME. Your calendar names will likely be different). This is what was interesting… The first instance of CALENDAR showed that it was located in “//MY EMAIL ACCOUNT NAME.” HOME was located in “//MY EMAIL ACCOUNT NAME/HOME,” and the 2nd instance of CALENDAR was located in “//MY EMAIL ACCOUNT NAME/CALENDAR” (left pane in Outlook 2010 is MY CALENDARS and then the name of your calendar should be underneath that. Right click and go to PROPERTIES).

3. I then looked at the calendar on my iPhone and noticed they were on there as well, so I exported all 3 calendars from Outlook to my desktop (pst file). Then I deleted HOME and the 2nd instance of CALENDAR, which left me with one calendar. I then clicked VIEW > CHANGE VIEW and chose LIST. I then selected all of the calendar entries and deleted them.

4. I synced with the iPhone and not only did the other 2 calendars go away, but all the entries went away as well, so I thought that it had to be working.

5. Back on Outlook, I did a test entry, synced, and what do you know… it friggin’ showed up on my iPhone and yes I danced a little.

6. I then added a test entry on my iPhone, synced, and it WORKED AGAIN!!!

7. I then deleted those 2 test entries and imported the PST file that I previously exported to my desktop and all of my entries were back in. Now if the 3 calendars show up again after your import, you should probably delete the other calendars like I did in Step #3.

8. I synced and everything that was on my Outlook calendar showed up on my iPhone.

9. Just to make sure that it was definitely working, I did another test entry, synced, and it worked.

Good luck and I truly hope this helps someone, because I spent a few days figuring this out.

UPDATE... It wasn't iTunes, because I just updated to 10.2.1.1 and the syncing still works.
    Last edited by pucku19; 2011-03-29 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-03-29 02:33 AM
    I was having the same problem within a day of upgrading to 4.3.1 on my 3GS and was hoping to find a simpler solution. I did a Restore of my iphone from itunes, it flagged a conflict whicj I resolved by selecting my Outlook (2003) as the correct source and then I restored from my last backup on itunes. All is good
    2011-04-06 04:10 AM
    I have iphone 3G and windows Vista and recently my iphone stopped synching with outlook. I tried all kinds of things, and finally landed on a temporary solution. In itunes without iphone plugged in, go to Edit, then choose preferences, then choose dvices, then click "reset sync history" then close itumes and then connect iphone. This worked for several syncs after, but then I had to do it again. But it does restore sych feature, albeit temporarily. I see this was an issue back in 07--is there still some sort of issue with apple, maybe with older iphones like mine? Hope this helps somebody.
    2011-07-07 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD