I have an iphone (8GB). Currently running 1.1.4. On the top of the screen where the name of my network carrier is listed, to the left is the signal meter with the bars, to the right is the wirless signal indicator and to the right of that is a small square. I was told that a G symbol should be there for GSM and that square indicates an error in one of my files. This I was told would lead to dropped calls and signal problems. I do have this problem sometimes. Is this information accurate or not? Is there any mod I need to do or should do at this time. Any help appreciated.
    2008-05-06 11:12 PM
    i got that from time to time also. Weak signal it meant.
    Reset your iphone. Done.
    2008-05-06 11:15 PM
    that only happens when im up in the mountains or something.

but usually if i have my wifi logo, i do not have the square. never have i had both at the same time
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-05-06 11:26 PM
    You don't need to reset your phone, sometimes depending where you are your edge connection drops to gprs connection which is slower that edge that's all. There is nothing wrong with your phone. That square just means you are connected through gprs.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-06 11:27 PM
    Thanks alot. Please note the square does take the place of the wifi logo as pointed out. I do not have both at the same time. My mistake.
    2008-05-07 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD