I would like to see if there is a way to switch my jailbroken iphone to silent when there is either of the following:-

1. a calendar event in my diary, for example a meeting with my boss - I don't want the phone to ring, just vibrate.. When the meeting ends I would like this to switch back automatically
    2. Based on a cell location, for example when I am in a cell mobile location at work I would like it to be silent but when I drive out of that cell it switches back

Does anyone know of an app that can do this? Surely this must have been asked before?

Thanks
    Mark
    2008-05-07 11:58 AM
    lol why not just pick it up and switch it silence

cmon it doesnt get easier then that
    2008-05-07 01:04 PM
    Hahaha I was gonna write something, but you got it to the point. All it takes ONE flip of a switch.
    You would go nuts setting a app like that up in the first place, and then you you forget your set times and wonder by the phone does not ring.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-07 01:12 PM
    I keep forgetting to switch it to silent. Surely this is not an unusal request? I have had an application like this available on the last 2 phones I have had (Windows mobile 6 and Nokia N95..)

Is there anything out there?
    2008-05-07 02:00 PM
    Has know one else wanted this functionality?

Mark
    2008-05-08 11:10 PM
    not really. if i dont want phone to make noise i just flip that little switch its pretty simple. on/off on/off, lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-10 09:24 PM
    i think that especially because there is a switch, this would be a hard app to write. also if u put your phone into silent while the switch isn't on silent, and then you flip the switch to silent, then u might blow your phones mind lol
    2008-05-11 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD