I'm a little confused... I see a ton of "Help! I screwed up my iphone when modding it!" threads. What confuses me is how exactly do you screw up, say a 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 upgrade? The software is the same. The hardware is the same. The instructions are the same... So what gives? Either people who screw up their phones can't follow simple directions, or there's something fundamentally different with some iphones' hardware... or is it something else?

I've done about 5 firmware upgrades (virginize, 1.0.2, upgrade to 1.1.1, downgrade, upgrade, etc. you get the idea) and never had any problems.
    2007-11-08 10:44 PM
    That's because newbie's do not read before trying new mods. In certain cases the unlocked phones were not entitled to just simply upgrade to 1.1.1, yet most new users would do so. Then create threads whining for a fix. Simple. They. Do. Not. Read.

Reako
    2007-11-08 11:50 PM
    2007-11-08 11:55 PM
    That's because newbie's do not read before trying new mods. In certain cases the unlocked phones were not entitled to just simply upgrade to 1.1.1, yet most new users would do so. Then create threads whining for a fix. Simple. They. Do. Not. Read.

Reako
    Couldn't have said it better, they have no clue what they are doing.
    2007-11-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD