I think I am an idiot! I went to Hong Kong and bought an unlocked iphone there for far more than market price because they convinced me that it was better than a normal iphone cause it has the "installer" and I can move the icons around the screen, and install and uninstall applications with the simple click of a button plus some other stuff I didn't understand... but I am realizing that I think anyone can make their iphone do this for free through third party applications. They convinced me this one was the second generation iphone and had not been released in the states. Now it keeps freezing on the slider page. The volume works and the the time keeps going but I cant unlock the phone to use it! I am so frustrated and am afraid if I do a hard reset I will lose all the applications that make this phone "special". This sucks... bad news all around. Can anyone help me understand what I have here and how to fix it. I think they call it a weiphone or something like that.
    2008-05-08 01:22 PM
    hHhaha yeh u may have gotten a knock off. o those asians.. lolol that sucks dude. try a restore and jailbreak it urself
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-09 07:38 AM
    Yeah, sounds like bad news.

A restore to 1.1.4 via iTunes and after that using the Pwnage tool would be the way to go.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-05-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah, sounds like bad news.

A restore to 1.1.4 via iTunes and after that using the Pwnage tool would be the way to go.
    word
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-10 09:18 PM
    Hey hey hey... Is it more of the Asians' fault or is it yours for buying it?
    2008-05-11 02:32 AM
    omg ppl why dont you read? guy originally said that he bought knock-off and that he knows its not an iphone. and u advise him to restore to 1.1.4/ pwnage. com'on LOL. thats like one of the biggest rotfl advise i've read here so far...
    Bud GregTheWang hit it straight on head that was good one.
    2008-05-11 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD