I'm in the UK and have recently bought an unlocked, jailbreaked iPhone. It's running 1.0.2 and the modem version is 03.14.08_G. The IMEI starts with 01130000 if that means anything significant.

I'd like to convert it into a "virgin" 1.1.1 phone and then use the latest Jailbreak, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've seen various "virginisation" techniques but most (ok, all!) of the guides I've looked at say, "If you've unlocked this phone using XYZ, then don't use this technique". Of course, I don't know how it got unlocked 'cos it wasn't me that unlocked it!

I do have the Nullriver Installer 3.0b4, and I installed term-vt100 yesterday, which lets me look at the file system. There's a file called hackinit.sh in /etc and files called bbupdater, iUnlock and simulatecrash in /usr/bin. Does this sound familiar? I don't think I've got SSH installed because if I try and ssh from my Mac, I get "connection refused". But then again, I haven't figured out how to specify a password for SSH, so maybe that's the problem there.

I'd appreciate any advice, preferably in words of one syllable (<g>) but please be gentle with me cos I'm a newbie.

fisherman
    2007-11-10 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD