Today I dropped my phone, now I keep getting this message that says "this accessory not made to work with iphone". After it fell, the sim card came out slightly. I put it back in and tried making a call and I can hear the person on the other line fine but they cant hear me unless I have my headphones in or if I put it on speaker but they say they can barely hear me at that. Also noticed that Iphone will no longer connect to any USBs. My car charger works but the iphone cant be recognized by the computer nor my house charger. Lastly, the phone wont even shut off, every time i try to shut down it just restarts.

Ive tried to do the power reset (holding home and on/off button for however long), ive tried airplane mode, ive tried plugging and unplugging headphones, i even uninstalled itunes and downloaded it again. ALL SUGGESTIONS FROM APPLE.

PLEASE HELP THANKS
    2008-05-09 11:18 PM
    did u try a restore? maybe that'll help the iphone clear any thoughts that its connected to an accessory.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-05-10 01:12 AM
    how can i restore without connecting to itunes?
    2008-05-10 02:57 AM
    Did you try DFU mode?

Hold the power button and the home button until the screen goes black. Then let go of the POWER button but keep holding the HOME. Connect it to your comp and restore. If problem persist, i recommend new iphone time.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-10 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD