Hi guys,

I've searched far and wide for a solution to my highly irritating and quite persistant iphone issue - I've found a few posters with the same issue, but I haven't heard of any working fixes for the issue!!!

I have an unlocked iphone running version 1.1.4 (4A102) and I am experiencing problems with sms - I am able to send and receive most texts but two of my friends in particular are not receiving many of my smses and I am not recieving many of theirs. The one friend is using an iphone aswell and the other I'm not sure about. Both friends are signed with different service providers. (We live in South Africa - I am using Vodacom and they are using MTN.)

At first I thought it may have been my sim card, so I had a sim swap done. The promlem persisted.

I changed my message center number using the necessary keypad hack - no luck.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could someone help with this, I am now quite desperate!
    2008-05-14 03:06 PM
    This is not an iPhone problem but instead a service provider message delivery problem. If you can send SMS to everyone else the phone is obviously capable. Call customer service and see if the texts from your friends are registering in their server and where they are getting dropped.
    2008-05-14 03:15 PM
    i have problem with software 1.1.4 the name doesn't appear in sms as the it appear in the normal call as the sms appear with
    international foramte i'm in EGYPT the number appear +20xxxxxxxxx

can anybody help me and tell what i can do with this problem istead of adding again the number with all the international foramte.
    2008-05-14 03:54 PM
    Thank you for the prompt response, but I do beleive it is an iphone proplem as I can receive messages from and send messages to all other phone makes.

The only problem I have is sending to my freind's iPhone on another network - in this situation, some get delivered and some dont. (Both sending and receiving.)
    2008-05-14 04:24 PM
    Again... I would call your service provider to trace the steps of the texts. See which server they are getting dropped in.
    2008-05-14 06:21 PM
    I reported the issue to my service provider and they replied the following:

To resolve the SMS issue, the sender needs to change the message format to fax and back to text. Then test the sms service.

Is this even possible on an iPhone?!?!
    2008-05-15 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD