I bought a iphone from someone and it originally had v.1.0.2 on it. He used anysim 1.0.2 to unlock it and by mistake updated to v.1.1.1 firmware.

He then tried to go back to v.1.0.2 but couldn't get back into the phone. He tried to downgrade the baseband to no avail. I did manage to get the phone activated with Pacay and can get the springboard to show up. The problem is below...

The Wi-Fi logo is gone, I get a grey "No Wi-Fi" in "Settings->General". And when I look at "Settings->General->About", I have no Wi-FI address, no IMEI number, no ICCID, "Modem Firmware" shows nothing, and Bluetooth says "00:00:00:00:00:00".

I've tried all the guides and tricks that I can find but I cannot get the baseband fixed.

Is it possible that when you use anysim 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 it permanetly screws up the baseband to an unrecoverable state?

Please help. Been messing with this phone for days.

THanks in advance.
    Last edited by jaydog; 2007-11-14 at 01:45 AM.
    2007-11-14 01:06 AM
    EDIT: New Info
    This thread is right up your alley: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14623

================================================== ==========================

Have you tried this method?

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...radingBaseband

or here for windows:

http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/vi....php?p=141#141

if this works for you please remember to thank me.

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by odiHnaD; 2007-11-14 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-14 02:30 AM
    Thanks but I tried these...
    I both used launchctli to unload commcenter.plist and actually deleted it as in the instructions but when I run ieraser, it stays at waiting for data and stops.

When I move onto bbupdater, It goes to repeat 1, 2, etc.... and finishes after 10 tries and says baseband bootloader too old, try 1.8 or higher....

Trust me, I've tried these instructions for the last 5 days and still haven't been able to flash my baseband.

THe phone continues to have no WIFI, no sound, no Phone access including no emergency dialing, etc....

Is this plain unfixable, even for the pros.... Should I just through it back up on EBAY for sale?
    2007-11-14 03:29 AM
    Hey, i had the same problem and also did what odiHnaD suggested but i also had issues, what i did was this: download the Saviour Pack from:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

and on that link scroll down to this:

Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14x

I presume your iPhone is still connected to iTunes, if NOT then please do so... and keep it connected at ALL times.

1. Extract the folder from the SaviourPack archive onto your drive.
    2. On the iPhone goto Settings > General > AutoLock > choose 'Never'
    3. Run iBrickr select Files, then goto /usr/bin/ and upload ALL the files ONE-by-ONE from the Saviour Pack folder.
    4. Press the Back link and come to the main screen of iBrickr. Now select Applications and follow the instructions to install PXL.
    5. Once your done, press Browse Applications and install MobileTerminal VT100 vsvnxxx and ONLY then BSD Subsystem v1.5
    6. Run Mobile Terminal from your SpringBoard and type:
    Code:

cd /usr/bin

TIP: Use the TAB key to auto complete commands/file/directory names
    7. Stop CommCenter by typing:
    Code:

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

8. Give the bbupdater file read/write permission by typing:
    Code:

chmod +x bbupdater

9. Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing:
    Code:

bbupdater -v

10. Execute this in the console, to give iEraser executable rights:
    Code:

chmod +x ieraser

11. Run iEraser by typing:
    Code:

ieraser

Wait for a few seconds for the process to complete. This will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.
    12. Run the bbupdater command again. This time it will not find any baseband firmware:
    Code:

bbupdater -v

Expect a slight delay in speed while your typing
    13. Now we flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone by typing:
    Code:

bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls

Press 'Enter' once and wait for 3mins 17 secs for it to complete. This will flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone. Please be patient and let the process complete. It's best that you DO NOT tamper with your phone
    14. Now check to make sure it worked:
    Code:

bbupdater -v

15. Type
    Code:

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Expect further delay in speed while typing. It should tell you the version is 3.14

Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded the Baseband/Modem firmware to 3.14

after this use anysim to unlock and restart it should work.

i had 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 and went back to 1.0.2.
    Last edited by bassjunkie; 2007-11-14 at 04:15 AM.
    2007-11-14 04:12 AM
    have baseband 4.2.13 and firm ware 1.0.2 had never unlocked it just was jailbroken

no matter what i do dosent go back to 3.18 baseband what should i do
    Last edited by kemcho; 2007-11-15 at 06:13 AM.
    2007-11-15 03:16 AM
    what part of the process are you guys having trouble at? if it is the ieraser portion I have found that the version of ieraser can be important (v1 wouldn't work for me I had to user v2) I went ahead and attached v2 to this post. When I was trying to downgrade my BB w/ieraser v1 it would hang on "waiting for data" but v2 did the trick.

Best of Luck!

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1195155416
    Last edited by odiHnaD; 2007-11-15 at 08:38 PM.
    2007-11-15 08:34 PM
    Hi guys,

Actually i got kind of a same issue.

when i try bbupdater -v i got no baseband at all

Then i ierase and it seems to work well (ieraser2 + secpack401)

The point is that when i try to bbupdater -e 314.eep -f 314.fls then everything seems to work fine but bbupdater try to ping the baseband when the operation is done and as it can find the baseband then it keeps looping on the flashing operation. And so it goes for like 10 times.

This issue really drives me crazy and it seems like i won't ever be able to restore my iphone !!!

Can someone please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2007-11-24 01:43 AM
    Hi Jaydog,
    i have exactly the same problem as you had here and tried all the suggestions. did you ever get it fixed.
    thanks.
    jr

Thanks but I tried these...
    I both used launchctli to unload commcenter.plist and actually deleted it as in the instructions but when I run ieraser, it stays at waiting for data and stops.

When I move onto bbupdater, It goes to repeat 1, 2, etc.... and finishes after 10 tries and says baseband bootloader too old, try 1.8 or higher....

Trust me, I've tried these instructions for the last 5 days and still haven't been able to flash my baseband.

THe phone continues to have no WIFI, no sound, no Phone access including no emergency dialing, etc....

Is this plain unfixable, even for the pros.... Should I just through it back up on EBAY for sale?
    2008-04-09 12:56 AM
    Why don't you guys try the dev team's wifi fixer. Download it here if you have a mac: www.iphone-dev.org

If you are running windows, you will have to use ziphone, or iliberty to fix the wifi.
    2008-04-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD