second best investment ever.... next to the iphone of coarse. was just wondering if anyone would share some advice to a mac noob. best program to jailbreak still pwnage??? what about drag and drop for files???? any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...

thanks guys,

Mr B
    2008-05-16 07:09 PM
    Use TRANSMIT for drag and drop...
    PWNAGE is still the best though....
    As an internet browser,I would suggest OPERA.
    Nice to see people buying MACs....
    2008-05-16 07:14 PM
    thank you for the reply ipie.... opera for a web browser huh..... better than safari? ive been using safari for a LONG TIME NOW...... dunno if i can switch.... but i might have to give it a try

any other suggestions???

oh... another question: when i sync my phone for the first time will it save all my phione numbers on my mac... or will it erase them cause its not the first computer i synced with?
    2008-05-16 07:32 PM
    It wont erase your contacts... You need to set up it as a NEW one and then synch your contacts...
    What do you mean about other suggestions? And,Opera has A LOT more features,then safari.
    For example,torrent client...
    2008-05-16 07:38 PM
    I have 24" iMac... I tried use to use OSX, but I didnt like it much so I loaded XP
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1
    2008-05-16 07:44 PM
    a torrent client is, for sure, one of those suggestions..... i honestly don't know what i mean...... MAC is a whole new ball game compared to pc......

Im just lookin for useful apps that will keep my add-attention
    2008-05-16 07:45 PM
    a torrent client is, for sure, one of those suggestions..... i honestly don't know what i mean...... MAC is a whole new ball game compared to pc......

Im just lookin for useful apps that will keep my add-attention
    Well,I use this apps:
    Stuffit Expander ( Awesome app,which allows you to unpack MANY archives...)
    iDock (Dock modifier,just a funny app,which can change your dock)
    Transmit (Drag and Drop for iPhone)
    Mac Office 2008 (do I need to explain? )

Thats all you need to start with though...
    2008-05-16 07:49 PM
    thanks so much ipie and ellicit.... appreciate all the help
    2008-05-16 08:40 PM
    I recently (6 weeks back) switched to a Mac as well - loving it and running XP Pro in VMWare with no probs.

I am finding the new Firefox 3 beta excellent on the Mac.

I like Drop Copy for wireless file transfer Mac to iPhone and vice versa, Skitch for screen capture with adding text and other fun / cool stuff, Adium for IM, and Peel for discovering new music ...
    2008-05-16 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD