User Tag List

Sorry for the stupid question. I have open SSH on my iPhone and would like to add the script. What do I need on my PC to connect to the open SSH and add the script?

Thanks,
    2007-12-25 05:50 PM
    its the iphone i had to go to apple 2 times for battery and 1 for NO SERVICE it ended to be the phone hope i dont get more [email protected]#$ iphone
    2007-12-25 10:19 PM
    Can anyone confirm if 1.1.3 has fixed this issue? As soon as I put my phone to sleep it loses signal and I miss calls. I renamed the files to fix it, but just wondering if it's still an issue with the new firmware.

Thanks
    2008-01-17 08:27 AM
    This problem still happens day after day.
    This starts to make me thing that this is a design failure but Apple.
    Since this problem just come out of the blue, like wake up in the morning an u r in hell......

So is there any savior out there who know the solution?
    Even Apple Geniuses dont knoww, i bet it
    2008-01-17 02:59 PM
    Can anyone confirm if 1.1.3 has fixed this issue? As soon as I put my phone to sleep it loses signal and I miss calls. I renamed the files to fix it, but just wondering if it's still an issue with the new firmware.

Thanks
    Anyone??

Thanks!
    2008-01-23 01:38 PM
    my friend bought the iphone and activate via itunes and pay AT7T, not unlock or jailbroken, and he never has any issue with signal strength or no service

I have AT&T and unlock/jailbroken but has the same issue like your huys report, some time I have to reboot the damn phone time to time

I have rename the files as suggested and see what happen

By the way, I checked the usage time and they are not the same, does this mean changing the files name will not take effect as other said, does this mean it's not working??
    2008-01-23 11:42 PM
    after changing the powermanagement file names, the usage time should be the same after the phone gets a full charge. You will also notice that the battery now runs down faster then usual.
    2008-01-24 02:05 PM
    after changing the powermanagement file names, the usage time should be the same after the phone gets a full charge. You will also notice that the battery now runs down faster then usual.
    Yep, after I changed the file names, my usage and standby times are the same. And yes, the battery does run down faster as the iphone no longer has the power management files. I guess I'm gonna have to take my bestskinever off and drive 67 miles to the apple store and trade this one in. With my luck I'll end up with 1.1.3.
    2008-01-25 01:22 PM
    I tried to change the value as suggested, I now can pick up the call waiting from other line and on hold original line without any hick-up, I could never able to pick up the call waiting since I have the iphone, which this change my signal is haven't drop so far and call waiting working like a charm

Since the battery drain too quick, I want to change the value back to original state, can some one post the orginal value/file name

Thanks
    2008-01-26 04:41 AM
    Can some one pls post the name of the original file in power managerment

Thanks

Can some one pls post the name of the original file in power managerment

Thanks
    Last edited by fast_car; 2008-01-27 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-27 01:24 AM
    Sorry for the stupid question. I have open SSH on my iPhone and would like to add the script. What do I need on my PC to connect to the open SSH and add the script?

Thanks,
    download winscp
    2008-01-27 01:53 AM
    Sorry, dont have it but you are on the right track. It's a power allocation issue. Have you made any physical mods to the phone are have all your mods been software?

GenghisPhlip
    2008-01-27 05:51 AM
    the suggestion to delete those 2 powerbundle files completely solved my problem, although im wondering if theres a way to edit the .plist so that all of the other sleep functions work, such as reducing the processing speed... if we could tweak it to not reduce the signal that might be a great way to fix the issue while maintaining battery life... any ideas?
    2008-01-29 09:56 AM
    tweaked the power managerment on my iPhone, worked for a couple day and loose signal again, even at the spot known to have good signal.

worst part is battery only last for 1 day after tweaked
    2008-01-30 04:54 AM
    My friend asked me to fix his iPhone which is constantly loosing signal of the provider. Usually it shows full signal and then it dissapears and it says "No service". And after a few seconds it will show full signal again. He is runnig 1.0.2 firmware. It does that with SIM cards of different providers, we tried T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2. I tried to restore the phone, didn┤t help, so I reflashed the baseband and also with no succes. Wi-fi and everything else works fine...
    Any idea what to do with this?

Thanks, samantha
    I have that problem with one iPhone. I looked at one torn-apart phone, where the SIM goes in. There are six copper contacts that make (or are supposed to make) contact with the SIM. As the back cover on my phone had been replace, I believe something may have happened to these contacts. I have mostly solved the problem by adding 3 layers of Scotch tape to the plastic side of the SIM. This made it thicker and presumably pressed it against the contacts better.
    2008-01-30 05:22 AM
    Try this. I coppied this from one site.

"I modified the file

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle/com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

and changed the fields 'Reduce Processor Speed' and 'Dynamic Power Step' to 0 from 1.

Then I rebooted the iphone.

Since then, the iphone has been working flawlessly without any instances of loss of signal. Also my 'Usage, from Settings->Usage' is the same as before, indicating no additional drain on battery.

Here is the diff of the changes:

[playground]/home/suman/iphone/xx>$ diff -pu com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist.orig com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist
    --- com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist.orig 2008-04-09 17:23:03.000000000 +0530
    +++ com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist 2008-04-09 16:20:54.000000000 +0530
    @@ -25,7 +25,7 @@
    <key>Display Sleep Timer</key>
    <integer>5</integer>
    <key>Dynamic Power Step</key>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Hibernate File</key>
    <string>/var/vm/sleepimage</string>
    <key>Hibernate Mode</key>
    @@ -66,7 +66,7 @@
    <integer>3</integer>
    <key>Reduce Processor Speed</key>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    <key>System Sleep Timer</key>
    <integer>5</integer>
    <key>Wake On AC Change</key>
    @@ -101,7 +101,7 @@
    <integer>3</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    <integer>5</integer>
    @@ -132,7 +132,7 @@
    <integer>5</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -167,7 +167,7 @@
    <integer>2</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -208,7 +208,7 @@
    <integer>3</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    <integer>10</integer>
    @@ -239,7 +239,7 @@
    <integer>10</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -274,7 +274,7 @@
    <integer>5</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -309,7 +309,7 @@
    <integer>5</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -381,7 +381,7 @@
    <integer>10</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    @@ -416,7 +416,7 @@
    <integer>10</integer>
    - <integer>1</integer>
    + <integer>0</integer>
    [playground]/home/suman/iphone/xx>$"
    2008-04-21 09:46 AM
    has this been tried?
    it works?
    2008-11-08 06:06 PM
    I have been playing around with the idea of tinkering with this com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist file everyone keeps talking about. But it seems like more than just one file... I myself can not get phone calls while the phone is off/sleeping. And i call it and it will ring on the phone calling from but not the iphone. I wake it up and call it and low and behold it will ring on the iphone. I keep seeing posts all over the place doing such and such and then the forums end. LOL. Doesn't anyone post results anymore. Last posts i see was someone used the entire power management folder from a fresh phone and installed it and had luck. Others say renaming or deleting just the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist and others say modding this file.

There has to be something that got corrupted or something but a lot of people seem to have this problem from what i gather. Maybe its like that movie "The Ring" and when someone finds the answer they die... Well lets see what happens when i find the answer.
    2008-12-04 08:13 AM
    So far it seemed ok till i was fed up with another problem i have and its screen related. So i'm going to have to wait a week to get my new phone and I will try this again. But from the ALMOST day i had it it seemed to be fine when i deleted the systempowerprofiledefault.plist lasted a day like it normaly does. The counter however said it never went into standby and it remained on all the time. Now I have restored it so i have the basic file back. Whats interesting to note is that maybe something to do with either my backup puts the problematic file in or something. I should have had a new file put in.

Ok i think i got it. Here is the power management file i replaced from a fresh iPhone 2G. so far it is working on 2 phones both 2G.

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - PowerManage Default If phone wont wake from ring
    Last edited by LrdBane; 2008-12-08 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-08 08:16 AM
    Hi just checking if anyone found this solution or tried to change the dynamic power and reduce porcesor.
    2009-02-23 04:27 PM
41 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD