So i know there has been alot of talk about should i upgrade? and what not, but I'm going to ask once more since its been a while and im sure alot of bugs have been fixed.

bought my phone with 1.1.1 and jail broke it flawless, back before ziphone was around ;P

Everything works great, although i know i can't change the dialpad image in the background, and changing the keyboard i had a few issues with but still got the red one.

My question is.. is it really worth it? maybe just to 1.1.2?

Has anyone regretted upgrading? All i have to do is just restore it to 1.1.4 and use ziphone correct? nothing more?

well.. thats if its worth it.. i guess i'm just looking for at least 2 people to tell me it is worth to upgrade haha
    2008-05-18 11:22 PM
    It's worth it for a couple reasons:

Alot better functionality with higher firmwares
    Squiggly icons haha
    Bug fixes
    More apps work with higher firmwares.
    Theres really no advantage or good reason to stay at any firmware below 1.1.3, because 1.1.4 really only has Bug fixes and 189 MB of "other" built into it.
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-05-19 01:18 AM
    So upgrading would just be a restore to the newest 1.1.4 and using the ziphone utility correct?
    2008-05-19 04:01 AM
    So upgrading would just be a restore to the newest 1.1.4 and using the ziphone utility correct?
    yup. thats what i did.
    2008-05-19 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD