I'll state my problem from the beginning so you don't have to read the details:

When I shutdown my iPhone and turn it back on, i get the restore symbol (cable pointing to itunes)

Now the details: My iPhone (1.1.4) has recently has been "frozen" for a while now. It's not stuck at the Apple logo, it boots fine. The problem is that once I'm in any application, the touch screen doesn't work. The app loads (and the touch screen works fine to launch/scroll in the springboard), but I cannot touch any button/feature/etc in any part of the app once it does load.

So usually turning it on while connected to a computer solved that problem or a random restart would work. BUT a few days ago it didn't work so I decided to put the iPhone in restore mode and boot it out of restore mode with the advanced features tab from iLiberty+ for Windows.

So now when I restart my iPhone the restore symbol comes up

WHAT CAN I DO?

Just to clear things up: My iPhone rihgt now is working perfectly fine right now. Its just when I restart it, the restore picture comes up and I have to use iLiberty+ to boot it out of recovery.
    Last edited by nirav464; 2008-05-19 at 08:45 PM.
    2008-05-19 08:37 PM
    From what i have read in the forums the only thing you can do is restore the iPhone.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
    2008-05-19 08:45 PM
    I would suggest a DFU mode restore...
    2008-05-19 08:51 PM
    can reboot out of a DFU mode restore?
    2008-05-19 08:58 PM
    After any restore the phone boots itself back up. I don't understand what you're asking. Also after you restore and plug back into iTunes after you re-jailbreak be sure and set the phone up as NEW, not from back-up.
    2008-05-19 09:01 PM
    After any restore the phone boots itself back up. I don't understand what you're asking. Also after you restore and plug back into iTunes after you re-jailbreak be sure and set the phone up as NEW, not from back-up.
    see i dont want to do a restore. I was asking if i can just put the iPhone in DFU and boot it back out.
    2008-05-19 09:10 PM
    No. The ONLY way to get a phone out of DFU mode is an iTunes restore.
    2008-05-19 09:11 PM
    I had the same problem. No matter how I shut the phone down it would always restart into recovery mode. I can't believe it but I think I solved this problem. I have been using iLiberty to jailbreak and to kick my iphone out of recovery mode every time it happened. Well I was playing with it and decided to try iBrickr. And guess what it worked! It's not supposed to work on 1.1.4 but I plugged in the phone started iBrickr it then told me that the iPhone was in recovery mode and was rebooting it. A minute latter and all of the problems are gone! I can now shut it down in any way and it still boots up just fine. (hard reboot, regular shut down, sysinfo reboot) If this works don't forget to thank me!
    2008-06-19 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD