I read that if you are not in a country officialy supported by the iphone, (a country where it hasn't been officialy released) there's some bug or whatever that whenever you launch the phone keypad or the SMS's program in the iphone, it crashes.

I went over to winscp and took the appsupport file and edited with a hex editor. in there you see the names for countries which are supported, for example, france, you see a "fr" and then you see "33" which is the country's phone country code.

I read that if you replaced those with your country, the phone wont crash anymore. so I did that, I am in Mexico so I changed fr to mx and 33 to 52, saved the file and replaced the one in the iphone with it (all this with winscp) and rebooted the phone and now it doesn't crash and I have a working, jailbroken 1.1.2 phone.

I just have a question, what happens if I go to france and make a phonecall? will it crash there? as I now officialy removed "fr" and "33" from the appsupport file? or will that still work?
    2007-11-16 03:18 PM
    im in australia now, the one i changed in mine was the us with 011 country code. i think you can try to replace all those country code to what country you often go to. im not sure if it works though. ill telll you about it when i go back to the philippines.
    2007-11-17 01:56 AM
    thanks
    2007-11-17 06:35 PM
    Excellent, I have too the same problem here in Mexico, I do, works grate!!!!
    Thanks....
    2007-11-21 11:23 PM
    Guys i am from Cyprus (CY). I did edit the AppSupport file and i also used the iWorld utility which does the same thing. The problem with the crash has been fixed but i figure that when i receive messaged (sms) from persons in my contacts i cant see their name i just see +357 99 xxxxxx which is the phone number ( 357 = country code, 99 = mobile prefix ). When i receive calls everything works fine.
    I ve tried changing the phone numbers in my Contacts by adding the +357 country code and the problem with the sms messages it was fixed but now when i was calling the numbers without the +357 in front i had the same problem (no contact name appears). Any known solutions ?

Thanks
    2007-11-27 08:28 PM
    i have the same problem like VIROZ, any suggestions please ??!!!!
    2008-03-01 11:30 AM
    how can i have iworld on my iphone? It's an OTB 1.1.2 and had it downgraded to 1.1.1,did jailbreak and unlocked it with anysim then upgraded it back to 1.1.2. The phone is now unlocked but the dialer crashes.I went to tweeks and also checked every other category but couldn't find iworld. Any idea how i might get out of this?
    2008-03-05 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD