Well I saw this cool theme on the customize site called "whitewidow" So I went into the customize application and looked for it... Didnt find anything. Same with a bunch of other themes.. Whats the deal? and also the "new" part in customize never has anything..so wtf is up?

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-20 03:00 AM
    2.0 imho is lame, awsome interface but a little restricting if u ask me. i want 1.2 back sigh..Aiyo do u kno why they changed it like this?? was it to make it easier or sutitn? just wondering. Are you happy with 2.0?
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-20 at 03:39 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-20 03:36 AM
    actually no, i think its pretty fudging confusing and slow. He probably changed it to make cash, and to make it "better"(in Thespicychicken's opinion)

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-20 04:08 AM
    I have also had this problem. On the website I can search for a term like "weather" and get like 10 different themes for the weather app. On my iphone when I search "weather" I get 1 theme for the app. What is the deal with that? I have not used customize before now so I don't know how it used to work but this is broken. We should get some kind of explanation on why this is happening.
    2008-05-21 08:39 PM
    i think there is an update out maybe that will help. i dunno tho but i havnt used it at all. When im not being lazy im gonna uninstall and get the old version back. it was almost perfect, minus the sms tones only worked some times. but hey it was still sweet
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-22 04:57 AM
    I like that you can download theme straight through Customize.
    I don't like:
    -that people upload other people's work
    -that the folders are a pain in the butt to SSH my own files onto my iPhone (1.2 was nice and simple)
    -that my themes randomly disappear =/
    2008-05-22 05:23 AM
    Well i dont think all of the themes made automatically import to customize, i think he has to manually import them to customize first.
    A Thanks is always nice =]
    2008-05-22 05:38 AM
    I've noticed that a lot of people here have been having this problem. If you SSH into your phone and do the following:

navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2/Cache

delete all of the files that say ThemeListByChar0 thru ThemeListByCharZ

Now when you go back into Customize2 and browse themes, it'll re-check the online directory for themes rather than checking the cached file.

Don't forget to hit "thanks"
    2008-05-22 07:40 PM
    I would like to add a few of my own lock screen wallpaper files via sH/winSCP

I for the life of me cant seem to figure out where they would go...

Ever since adding Cust 2.0 b10 I cant change the lock screen wallpaper outside of Cust 2.0.
    I downloaded a few wallpapers for there server but they just dont show up!

I used to use Caterpillar (now Kate), but that no longer works.

Anyone know how I can gain back the control of my wallpapers without totally un-installing Cust 2?

Thanks
    2008-05-24 05:51 PM
    ok before I was able to go to Photo or settings and change my wallpaper and once I went and set a Customize wallpaper now I cqan't go back. The only wallpaper I can set now is any from Customize. I can no longer set a wallpaper from Photo Library or in Settings, I set it and nothing changes.

EDIT: Found the answer
    Go to private/var/mobile/Library and you will see a file called LockBackground.jpg and delete it. Then go into settings and change the Lockdown Wallpaper to whatever you want and restart.

I did not type this, but it works ;-)
    2008-05-24 06:02 PM
    ok before I was able to go to Photo or settings and change my wallpaper and once I went and set a Customize wallpaper now I cqan't go back. The only wallpaper I can set now is any from Customize. I can no longer set a wallpaper from Photo Library or in Settings, I set it and nothing changes.

EDIT: Found the answer
    Go to private/var/mobile/Library and you will see a file called LockBackground.jpg and delete it. Then go into settings and change the Lockdown Wallpaper to whatever you want and restart.

I did not type this, but it works ;-)
    I have a question:
    DO you have to do this each time you want to change the lockdown wallpaper?
    And what exactly do you mean by go into settings and change the lockdown wallpaper?
    In Customize, phone settings or in Kate (facelift)?

Thanks SO much

I've noticed that a lot of people here have been having this problem. If you SSH into your phone and do the following:

navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2/Cache

delete all of the files that say ThemeListByChar0 thru ThemeListByCharZ

Now when you go back into Customize2 and browse themes, it'll re-check the online directory for themes rather than checking the cached file.

Don't forget to hit "thanks"
    Thanks this worked for me I have an additional question:
    What about the ability to reset File Sets is there a way to get them to reappear as well?

I looked but did not know what I could delete within the cache folder.

THANKS AGAIN
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2008-05-24 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-24 08:57 PM
    had that problem
    just tap Clear cache from customize prefs
    2008-05-24 11:29 PM
    had that problem
    just tap Clear cache from customize prefs
    Alrady tried that.
    It didn't do anything noticable for me.

Thanks
    2008-05-25 12:43 AM