Hello,

Im here in the UK got my iPhone from the lovely USA well before release. Its jailbroken, and now working on O2 UK. Great!

So when it comes to Univerisity, I get asked to bluetooth over a Song from my iPhone. It then came aware to me, I can not do it?

So far, I can only see the use for iPhone bluetooth is Handsfree?
    Can it do anything else, Am i missing something?
    2007-11-16 07:40 PM
    yes, as of right now. It doesn't have a file transfer protocol, but you can always use sendsong to send your friend the song.
    2007-11-16 07:45 PM
    Bluetooth hasn't been utilized at this point to handle anything more than Headsets.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-16 08:26 PM
    Bluetooth hasn't been utilized at this point to handle anything more than Headsets.
    What a disappointing product the iPhone is. All the hype, and all you can do is press the screen. Other than that its worst than the 1st generation mobile.
    (Exept the slow internet edge.)
    2007-11-19 10:26 PM
    lets hope they have this in the next update but i cant c it my self? does the send a song thing use bluetooth?
    2007-11-19 10:37 PM
    What a disappointing product the iPhone is. All the hype, and all you can do is press the screen. Other than that its worst than the 1st generation mobile.
    Hear hear! Why don't you send me your iPhone (I'll pay for shipping) and you can rid yourself of its awfulness. Maybe you can get yourself a nifty Motorola C333.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-20 12:12 AM
    but u can also listen to the music using ur ordinary bluetooth headset :

1. *#307# Dial, press the bluetooth headset button twice.
    2. Answer on iPhone, press source.
    3. Select bluetooth headset.
    4. Press home button, open iPod, play anything.

Now, you will get iPod playing through your bluetooth headset.

Cons:
    - MAY not receive calls ( u can answer directly to ur phone)
    2007-11-20 01:16 PM
    More fool you for spending around 300 on it.

You fell for the hype, my friend, so no point whinging about it now. You shoulda done a little research other than just watching the videos on apple.com
    2007-11-20 06:48 PM
    i doubt apple will ever let u send songs from phone to phone...well cuz they are apple and don't like file sharing of songs and want u to but songs off their highly amazing wifi music store that makes the iPhone 100x better
    2007-11-21 02:21 AM
    you can use the bluetooth to connect it to your car (if you have bluetooth capabilities for the vehicle). it's actually pretty useful.
    2007-11-26 09:49 AM
    but u can also listen to the music using ur ordinary bluetooth headset :

1. *#307# Dial, press the bluetooth headset button twice.
    2. Answer on iPhone, press source.
    3. Select bluetooth headset.
    4. Press home button, open iPod, play anything.

Now, you will get iPod playing through your bluetooth headset.

Cons:
    - MAY not receive calls ( u can answer directly to ur phone)
    i wish there was an easier way to do this. people think its dumb because its such a low bit rate, but i love it for gaming because the quality doesn't matter as much and i can enjoy my game without disturbing others, without wires to worry about, without a head phone jack to be in the way of my playing hand, AND still have a free ear to hear whats going on around me. but not being able to recieve calls SUCKS. and also another serious con that should be on the above list: you have to reboot your phone everytime when you're done. respring won't do it either. it completely kills the phone app. and it doesn't seem healthy really. this trick has been around a long time and i'm really surprised no one worked out a front end to do it a little cleaner. but maybe i'll just have to wait for 3.0 at this point.
    2009-04-10 07:07 AM
    tons of bluetooth apps on jailbroken iphones i.e use cydia you can download ibluetooth and you can transfer ANYTHING even pass files within iphone to other fones...eg. i used ibluetooth ssh'd and sent a mp3 song to my sisters samsung phone
    2009-08-19 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD