I have 1.1.4 and have restored several times used ziphone and I have never had the option; settings>mail>messages>"auto-check" it just isn't there. I thought it off odd of Apple to omit an auto retrieve. The first option under messages is: 'show' then 'preview', ' min font'... etc. Its crazy to me that this system setting is just not there after restoring the firmware and using ziphone multiple times... and of course yahoo push doesnt work but from what i read thats yahoos server issues. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :-(( the only way i get mail is to open the inbox.
    2008-05-20 06:30 AM
    restore with itunes than jailbreak. allways do a factory restore b4 jailbreaking, always. it should come back as an option even if ur mail host dosent support it should always be there. and there are several patches released for 1.1.4 for email, voicemail, and other things to get u back to normal functions. SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!! sry had to say it
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-20 at 07:30 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-20 07:28 AM
    Scream,
    I guess my post wasn't clear. I restore in iTunes every time before I jailbreak. Tonight alone I have restored in iTunes and jailbroke 4 times no apps addded and still no auto retrieve. :-/ if the solution were as simple as restoring the firmware I wouldn't have bothered to start this thread. As far as searching goes I sat down at 6pm tonight and have just shut down for the night its 3:18am. I have scowered google for a post of inteligence to come up with nothing except a scolding. My eyes are bleary from searching plist files to find some truncated reference to auto retrieve. I did however find a nice post on editing a plist for those of you that want an interval shorter than 15 minutes I'll post it tomorrow. So, if anyone has any more technical input other than google or how to operate iTunes your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the rant but a Nubie I ain't!
    Last edited by specialtylaser; 2008-05-20 at 09:35 AM.
    2008-05-20 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD