can someone give me a link or explain something i heard about apple coming out with apps to buy sometime in june?

thanks in advance
    2008-05-21 04:05 AM
    Apple released the SDK for the iphone in January. This allows developers to create apps for the phone.

In June (sometime) Apple should be releasing firmware 2.0, which will include an app called the "AppStore" which will allow people to buy apps from Apple that developers have created for the phone.

Thats all we know so far.
    2008-05-21 04:08 AM
    what does 2.0 firmware mean i've only had 1.1.4

do the apps on installer and stuff still work or whatever?

thanks again
    2008-05-21 07:04 AM
    2.0 is the firmware that will be released sometime in June. You will update to it through iTunes.

As of right now, the beta 2.0 has been jailbroken, and it's pretty positive that you will be allowed to put on 3rd party apps through Installer (along with certified ones through the App Store which comes with 2.0)
    2008-05-21 07:13 AM
    2.0 is the firmware that will be released sometime in June. You will update to it through iTunes.

As of right now, the beta 2.0 has been jailbroken, and it's pretty positive that you will be allowed to put on 3rd party apps through Installer (along with certified ones through the App Store which comes with 2.0)
    so just a quick iTunes update?
    2008-05-21 07:41 AM
    so just a quick iTunes update?
    Well yeah, then you'll need to jailbreak with whatever comes out, most likely PwnageTool.

Don't worry too much about it for now, you'll defiantly see it in the news when it comes out. There will be alot of rave. This has been looked forward too by many.

Oh and I don't really see how this has anything to do with Themes/Skinning...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-21 07:47 AM
    Well yeah, then you'll need to jailbreak with whatever comes out, most likely PwnageTool.

Don't worry too much about it for now, you'll defiantly see it in the news when it comes out. There will be alot of rave. This has been looked forward too by many.

Oh and I don't really see how this has anything to do with Themes/Skinning...
    i didn't know which one to put it in aha.

and i hope not pwnagetool i haven't figured out how to use that yet i just have installer :/

is pwnagetool relatively simple like installer? no SSH or any of that mess?
    Last edited by policepunkz; 2008-05-21 at 08:45 AM.
    2008-05-21 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD