Hey everyone.....if you're having the same problem as me, jeronimorv, obzrv.....drop a quick message and let us know. We'd like to know how widespread our situation is.

Situation:
    - bad IMEI (4999), no wifi, no BT
    - BUT you can/have successfully upgrade/downgrade your phone to whatever system or baseband you want. This means you've been able to go through several tutorials, all with no problems or errors, but still your IMEI and wifi don't come back.
    2007-11-21 02:57 AM
    Hey everyone.....if you're having the same problem as me, jeronimorv, obzrv.....drop a quick message and let us know. We'd like to know how widespread our situation is.

Situation:
    - bad IMEI (4999), no wifi, no BT
    - BUT you can/have successfully upgrade/downgrade your phone to whatever system or baseband you want. This means you've been able to go through several tutorials, all with no problems or errors, but still your IMEI and wifi don't come back.
    I had the same problem, but i got it working expect for wifi. I still got no wifi whatever i try, tried all sorts of guides including virginizing and bbReload. I can up and downgrade, run ieraser without problems.
    2007-11-21 03:03 AM
    well if it isn't the one and only deleder... :-p

just would like to add 1.1.1 OTB...

and on another note not sure if this helps...
    but by ierasing and then turning off and entering dfu, flashing 1.00 i have gotten it activated and jailbroken in 1.0 with imei "NO IMEI"...maybe this is useful for something?

i'm probably just so hopeless i'm ecstatic that SOMETHING has changed :-\
    2007-11-21 03:18 AM
    Ok I was able to fix all my problems involving BT and Wi-Fi... even my baseband has been downgraded.

But only one problem remains...

it still shows "bad IMEI (04999xx)".

Everything else has been done but "bad IMEI (04999xx)" is the only thing preventing me from upgrading without bricking all over again.

'What joy."

Any suggestions?

Anyone?
    2007-11-21 07:05 AM
    How'd you fix wifi?
    2007-11-21 07:43 AM
    Hey guys...pretty much from everything I've been told - our phones are bricks until someone - EliteTeam? makes a Seczone Rebuilder (which supposedly may - if all goes well - be completed in 2 weeks?).

but Deadmanswitchxt...how did you get wifi working? i've paid for IPSF...if i can get wifi i think i can save my phone (fingers crossed) - please let us know asap :-D

Thank you

obzrv
    2007-11-21 10:24 AM
    Hey guys...pretty much from everything I've been told - our phones are bricks until someone - EliteTeam? makes a Seczone Rebuilder (which supposedly may - if all goes well - be completed in 2 weeks?).

but Deadmanswitchxt...how did you get wifi working? i've paid for IPSF...if i can get wifi i think i can save my phone (fingers crossed) - please let us know asap :-D

Thank you

obzrv

hi obzrv,

You paid for ipsf? I paid but my imei is still 004999. I have wifi.

I really need someone's help. My phone is 1.0.2 OTB, but I accidentally upgrade to 1.1.2. Now it is running 1.0.2 with baseband 04.02.13_G. My imei is 0499, and ipsf v1.0.8 won't install.

I really need help! Thanks!
    2007-11-21 01:20 PM
    Oh.....My.....GOD...

After I had given up all hope....I just turned on the iphone....it's running 1.0.2 firmware with the 1.1.2 baseband....and for some reason, wifi was available in the menu now. My heart nearly exploded at the sight. THen I opened the wifi menu.....it opened....and the phone is frozen on the choose a network screen lol. Ah well at least it's getting there, I have hopes again now!

Shouldn't have got my hopes up lol had to hard reboot the phone cos it was frozen and now it's back to 'no wifi'

Meh I give up, stupid useless piece of ****.
    Last edited by paul09; 2007-11-21 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-21 07:38 PM
    Hold the power and house button till the yellow triangle appears.
    Then connect to the pc,

Use apptappinstaller - select firmware 1.0.1 and install,

When finished,

Use point and click activation (with YouTube)

Then reboot the phone,

Check your wifi connection is working.

Now click on installer, which should ask you to update to 3.0b8,

After updating,
    Install the BSD subsystem and the Community sources.

Then return to the main screen and click on safari,

Enter unlock.no

Then install application.

Return to the main screen and click on installer

Now search down the list of application, to unlocking tools, and select the virginizer (04.x) if you have 04.1.13 modem firmware.

Follow the instructions and free yourself from IMEI 4999

Click on general settings, then about,
    And you should be on 03.14.08 G

Now you can install anysim and have a full working iphone.

Congratulations
    2007-11-21 07:43 PM
    That's all very well and good casmir but the problem is, restoring our phones does not fix our wifi.

My phone has been completely virginized without error, is currently 1.0.2 completely unlocked(all phone features working) it just has no wifi....

I do not have the IMEI problem, only no wifi.
    2007-11-21 07:48 PM
    Paul my phone was having the same problems, i used the unlocking tools and i am enjoying the use of the phone with all features working including wifi.
    2007-11-21 07:58 PM
    where is the instructions for to free 0004 imei please help i used winstaller but it after it runs and install at the end it keep geting fross

please help
    2007-11-21 08:03 PM
    Use apptappinstaller - select firmware 1.0.1 and install,

When finished,

Use point and click activation (with YouTube)

Then reboot the phone,

Check your wifi connection is working.

Now click on installer, which should ask you to update to 3.0b8,

After updating,
    Install the BSD subsystem and the Community sources.

Then return to the main screen and click on safari,

Enter unlock.no.com

Then install application.

Return to the main screen and click on installer

Now search down the list of application, to unlocking tools, and select the virginizer (04.x) if you have 04.1.13 modem firmware.

Follow the instructions and free yourself from IMEI 4999

Click on general settings, then about,
    And you should be on 03.14.08 G

Now you can install anysim and have a full working iphone.

Congratulations
    2007-11-21 08:28 PM
    it doesnt work for me >"<
    wrong imei no wifi >"<
    what can i do !!!
    i cant use it for more than a week >"<
    2007-11-21 08:35 PM
    please could you explain more about your phone.
    2007-11-21 08:39 PM
    i have wrong iemi no wifi no BT
    i have sound and all other thing
    i havve upgrade to 1.1.1 and use if for few days
    and after i have install sth that i cant turn my phone on
    so i downgrade it to 1.0.2 and i have found i have no wifi
    anyone know how to fix it>"<
    2007-11-21 09:02 PM
    Raymond, try rivirg.

Casimir - your method does not work - i wish it were that easy

My phone: OTB 1.1.1 no wifi/no bt/bad imei.

I can virginize successfully in 1.02 with 03.14.08 but neither WIFI nor IMEI is restored. Anyone who thinks they can give me better directions to virginize is mistaken - i have heard a million ways all of which have worked as they should but have been unsuccessful.

Keep me updated...

PS I REALLY think seczone rebuilder is our only hope...
    2007-11-21 11:13 PM
    i also can virginize but no wifi BT and cant fix iemi
    any idea why ??
    2007-11-22 01:18 AM
    welcome to the club buddy. from what i've herd, our seczone is damaged and our only hope is a seczone rebuilder that may be released by the elite team in a few weeks.

:-\
    2007-11-22 01:32 AM
    Let's all chant at once....

"seczone rebuilder, seczone rebuilder, seczone rebuilder, seczone rebuilder......."

maybe that will make it come faster
    2007-11-22 09:39 AM
180 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD