You need to install BSD first!
    2007-12-04 06:20 PM
    hi, has anyone else tried revan's solution? doesn't seem to work. still no wifi after reboot so i can't go on. please help.
    2007-12-04 10:00 PM
    yes, still not working after trying to follow first page of this thread...updating to v112, dowgrade to v1.02, jailbreak and still no wifi, no blutooth, bad imei..my case that the phone was working before running i.unlock.no virginizer 3.x...now i cannot even use terminal after installing and copying all files to usr/bin/...always get usr/bin/login: files does not exist...can someone at least tell me how to correct this problem so i can downgrade the baseband?
    I have the same problem since i made the virginizer think from unlock.no.
    Maybe the problem resides to the changes made by this virginizer and maybe the creator of this have some solution?
    2007-12-05 04:50 PM
    yes, still not working after trying to follow first page of this thread...updating to v112, dowgrade to v1.02, jailbreak and still no wifi, no blutooth, bad imei..my case that the phone was working before running i.unlock.no virginizer 3.x...now i cannot even use terminal after installing and copying all files to usr/bin/...always get usr/bin/login: files does not exist...can someone at least tell me how to correct this problem so i can downgrade the baseband?
    hi, has anyone else tried revan's solution? doesn't seem to work. still no wifi after reboot so i can't go on. please help.
    I have the same problem since i made the virginizer think from unlock.no.
    Maybe the problem resides to the changes made by this virginizer and maybe the creator of this have some solution?
    I 've editted the first post of the thread, please re-follow all the instructions from the first to last step.
    2007-12-05 08:55 PM
    I 've editted the first post of the thread, please re-follow all the instructions from the first to last step.
    Revan first of all thank you for all this efford about the no wifi whrong imei etc ....

Folowing a guyide from here right now i have correct imei all the functions are working except wifi ( grayed out)
    Do i have to follow the last steps?

Thanks in advance
    2007-12-05 10:35 PM
    Alright guys, I have the solution to fix your problem.

I've tested it on 3 phones and it worked and restored each phone 100% so far.

PM me with your situation and I'll prepare a specific guide for you and send it over.
    2007-12-06 04:27 AM
    Hey Revan thanks for jumping into the pool. Tried the optional route as posted on the front page. Had a little trouble with Emmanueluhs directions. Can he be more specific as to which 1.1.2 jailbreak software, he is refering too? (click Boot from Recovery????). I tried Independence, Idemocracy, 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar (won't go any further because said "need Oktoprep before jailbreaking") from Conceited and none of them have the feature refered by Emannuelahs. Thanks for the help, anyways. Tried the optional route and got as far as ipatcher -a ---> succeeded!!!!!! Excited ---->>>> Rebooted ---> launched terminal run ./bricktool. Really excited --->Froze the 1st time, so tried 2 more times ---> Finally success achieved. Rebooted iphone ---> checked IMEI and 00499901064000 STILLL THERE. So, spent A couple hours to return to IPOD MODE. Let me know if you want me run any more tests. Any other suggestions or leads????? Guys keep digging, we are getting closer. Hey Revan, just wondering, since the iphone is a hard drive, you think we can completely backup an unlocked phone file stack and load it into our lost iphones? One of my AT&T sales rep. friend, suggested to see if we can run a big magnet over the harddrive of our bricked iphone to erase it completely and return it to iphone store as a last resort? Anyone think either method would work or willing to try, let us know at this point, NO CURE.
    2007-12-06 09:40 AM
    @pqn
    When you are on 1.0.2 but your baseband is 4.2 and run the 1.1.2 jailbrake program there is a button in this program that have a label "boot from recovery". From what i see you are on mac and this program is for windows ...have you tried all this steps on a windows machine?

@ revan
    Im with no wifi...
    I had the 0049 Imei every time i tried to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 or to 1.1.2.
    The way that the imei comes back to normal is at revans guide in thread
    Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1
    The wong imei is fixed at list in my case after erica's sadun unlock.app solution wich is the phase 2.5
    Now the only problem is that i dont have wifi.
    I tried the guide in this thread ( first page) before and after the new edit from ( thanks again boy) revan still with no luck.....
    Waiting for any news
    Last edited by liquid; 2007-12-06 at 02:29 PM.
    2007-12-06 01:50 PM
    After following the updated tutorial, including ipatcher and bricktool steps successfully, I still have no baseband (no wifi, no phone...)
    2007-12-06 02:33 PM
    Alright guys, like I've said before, I have come up with a solution for all you guys.

The only thing is, I'm at school right now, so you've gotta bear with me here.

I'll be online later tonight, propably in about 6 hours from now, but what I'd like you all to do now is Install AIM on your computers if you dont already have it, and add my sn, AcuraKidd07

just bear with me now guys...
    2007-12-06 08:45 PM
    ok AcuraKidd i already added you to my aim buddys
    2007-12-07 03:03 AM
    thats strange, I had about 20 people PM me over the last 24 hours asking for help regarding this issue, and now that I'm online, no one else is...

Anyways, I'm probably just gonna end up making a new thread and post the solution in there.
    2007-12-07 04:03 AM
    IMEI Fix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: IMEI FIX

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReVan
    *** POST YOUR REPLIES IN THE THREAD BELOW ***

IMEI FIX GUIDE: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=1

hi ReVan:

thank you for ur time with me but this method is not working alse . i've did the following:

i put my AT&T Sim in the phone
    1. Update to v1.1.2
    2. Downgrade to v1.0.2 via DFU mode, upon receiving an error 1013, then i used the iBreaker 0.91 to boot from recovory "this make my wifi active "
    3. jailbreak and activate iphone (AppTappInstaller & PACAY)
    4. Add i.unlock.no to the installer source and refresh the sources
    5. Set the Auto-Lock to Never
    6. Install BSD 1.5 via Installer
    7. install BSD Subsystem
    8. install comunity sources to install Terminal and OPen SSH
    9. Copy ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz to the root directory (/) on the iPhone.
    10. In a terminal, I typed the following lines:

cd /
    cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /usr/libexec/lockdownd.bak
    tar -xvzf ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz
    cd /ipetools
    ./ipatcher -a

11. Reboot the iPhone ( slide the red thing).
    12. i open the terminal and typed the following
    cd /ipetools
    ./bricktool

every thing says success but the the IMEI is stell 04999***********
    any other help

Thank you very much
    2007-12-07 10:50 AM
    thats strange, I had about 20 people PM me over the last 24 hours asking for help regarding this issue, and now that I'm online, no one else is...

Anyways, I'm probably just gonna end up making a new thread and post the solution in there.
    Dont you think that is better to make a thread for this "precious" solution?

What is the reason for all this "private" thing?
    Last edited by liquid; 2007-12-07 at 01:47 PM.
    2007-12-07 11:39 AM
    Alright guys, like I've said before, I have come up with a solution for all you guys.

The only thing is, I'm at school right now, so you've gotta bear with me here.

I'll be online later tonight, propably in about 6 hours from now, but what I'd like you all to do now is Install AIM on your computers if you dont already have it, and add my sn, AcuraKidd07

just bear with me now guys...
    Sorry AcuraKidd, but I've just read your post. I will try to be online...
    Last edited by ludionisio; 2007-12-07 at 02:11 PM.
    2007-12-07 01:31 PM
    Sorry I couldn't post the method last night, I was away from my computer and didn't get home until late at night. Today after work, in about 11 hours from now I will make a new thread and will post my guide along with all the files required.

The countdown is officially ON
    2007-12-07 02:25 PM
    Sounds Good Acurakidd,
    I'd be interested to see what you come up with
    2007-12-08 02:07 AM
    Me too
    2007-12-08 02:24 AM
    Alright guys, sorry that its taking this long, im in the process of typing up the guide now, it will be ready and posted in a new thread in about 45 minutes. I will update this thread with the link as soon as its posted.

FINALLY

The long awaited guide is finished, http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20418
    Last edited by AcuraKidd; 2007-12-08 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-08 04:22 AM
    Hey AcuraKidd thanks alot for your efforts, but unfortunately, this is not a working solution for neither the phone, or the wifi.

I think its important everyone keep this thread going - eventually someone has got to be smart enough to figure things out.

Anyone ever hear anything about that seczone rebuilder that was supposed to be released about this time?
    2007-12-09 10:45 PM
180 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD